RFlink without controller (MySensors bridge)

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

dakipro
New user

RFlink without controller (MySensors bridge)

#1 Post by dakipro » 04 Aug 2016, 11:22

Hi, I've been using RFlink with the Domoticz and it works awesome, thank you for the awesome piece of software.
I would like to make a controllerless arduino module that will in essence be a bridge between a 433 network and a mysensors.org network (equivalent to z-wave or similar). Hardware part should not be a challenge, I connect some "approved" 433 Transceiver and antena and a NRF24L01+ 2.4GHz Transceiver that MySensors uses.

Here is the drawing explainign what I want to achieve
1450607262504-lights-controll-node.jpg
1450607262504-lights-controll-node.jpg (67.8 KiB) Viewed 4804 times
So I would have several 433 switches (I have some Nexas around, they look nice and are thus "wife approved") that will then send signal to RFlink, and it will then say to arduino "switch A has sendt command X" and arduino will then do some if/else logic that will send the command to MySensors protocol which will turn on/off the appropriate light. (I want addition of MySensors protocol because I do have domoticz and i need two-way communication with the lights, something 433 usually doesn't have).

But the software part could be a challenge, as I would need to have run both RFlink and MySensors code in the loop, and then have some very simple and basic "controller" logic for controlling the light switches. Do you see any challenge here? Would this be possible for someone who is not that familiar with the RFlink and Arduino development? (I do program in PHP but that is a bit different thing)

Before I start ordering parts, do you have any concerns, tips and advices?
I can try to explain a bit more why exacly i want it this way (in short, all the reasons are related to the "wife approval" concept :) )

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

Re: RFlink without controller (MySensors bridge)

#2 Post by Stuntteam » 04 Aug 2016, 13:58

so you want to build a return path for your nexa switches, if you want to modify the nexa switches, you could also integrate a 433mhz or 868mhz return signal to report their state..
If you want to do something with mysensors, then you can probably alreadty do so with the current hardware in combination with Domoticz scripting
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

costo
Normal user

Re: RFlink without controller (MySensors bridge)

#3 Post by costo » 04 Aug 2016, 14:31

@ dakipro.

Just an idea:
Consider to run your My Sensor software on an arduino as a slave for ESPEasy.
Just add two calls to your MySensor sketch: I2C read and i2Csent and it can work.
The Pro-mini plugin makes it possible to transfer integer variables over the I2C protocol at a relatively low speed between an Arduino and the ESPEasy running on a ESP8266. For setting switches for sure it is fast enough.
Special programming skills are not really needed, just add some global integer variables in your My Sensor sketch to transfer between MySensors and ESPEasy.
ESPEasy will handle the communication with Domoticz.

It is probably as much work to make the ESP8266 Gateway for MySensors.
Though using ESPEasy makes it possible at the same time to attach several sensors on the same piece of ESP8266-hardware.