How to pair Somfy blinds with RFLink/Domoticz

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Ramon
New user

How to pair Somfy blinds with RFLink/Domoticz

#1 Post by Ramon » 01 Aug 2017, 19:23

Hi,

I'm new to the world of automation using RFLink. I hope someone can help me with an english or dutch procedure on how to pair Somfy screens using a RFLink.

I'm Using :
Raspberry PI 3 model B
Domoticz
RFLink 433.420 MHZ

What is working is that in Domoticz I can push the button Learn Light switch and it will recognize the Somfy Telis 1 remote when I push a button on this remote.
What doesn't work is controlling the blinds from Domoticz after that. No response from the blinds at all.

I found on this forum and others that you should learn the code of the Somfy Telis remote not in Domoticz but using RFLinkLoader.exe
There is a french procedure telling you how to do this : https://matdomotique.wordpress.com/2016 ... -et-somfy/
I don't speak french and Google translate isn't doing a really good job in translating this article. So unfortunately I still don't understand how to do this.

Can someone please explain me in English or dutch what the procedure is to pair a Somfy blinds using a RFlink. Or maybe refer me to an english procedure that explains how to do this (I couldn't find it :-( )?
Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Ramon

Ramon
New user

Re: How to pair Somfy blinds with RFLink/Domoticz

#2 Post by Ramon » 03 Aug 2017, 18:21

I found out how it works using this document : https://matdomotique.wordpress.com/2016 ... -et-somfy/ and this page http://www.rflink.nl/blog2/protref

In short:
You first need to program the telis remote codes into the RFlink (not in Domoticz).
Second you need to register the RFlink as new remote to the blinds/screens you want to program.
Third, In Domoticz you create a new switch refering to the address in the RFlink that contains the code of the blind/screen that you want to operate.
  • Make sure you have the RFLink connected to the USB port of the PC you are going to program the RFLink with.
  • Start RFLinkLoader.exe. The same program you use to update firmware of the RFlink.
  • Select the correct serial port. If you are not sure to which port the RFlink is connected you can have a look in Devicemanager. Expand in the devicemanager tree the part of the COM ports. Now connect the RFLink to the USB port and see what COM port pops up, this is the COM port you need to select.
  • Push the button "Serial Port Logging" in RFLinkLoader to switch it on. You will see something like this appearing : "20;00;Nodo RadioFrequencyLink - RFLink Gateway V1.1 - R46;"
  • Now in the "Command to Send" part enter "10;RTSSHOW;" and click "Send Command"
  • You will now see the contents of the Rolling code table stored in internal EEPROM of the RFlink. Here is where we want to program our Somfy blind/screens.
  • This is how you can pair a Somfy screen with the RFlink
    In the command box next to "Command to Send" you enter this : 10;RTS;0F0F0F;0412;3;PAIR;
    What this means :
    10 : is the code of the RFlink
    RTS : we are using RTS
    0F0F0F : is a Hexadecimal address. This is just an example. You can pick any address you like as long as it is a 6 digit hex code. This addres we will also use in Domoticz as reference.
    0412 : is a rolling code. This is just an example. If I understand it correctly, also hear you can pick any code you like, this time a 4 digit hex code.
    3 : is the position in the Rolling code table stored in internal EEPROM. Note : This is also a hexadecimal number. So if you want to program position 10, you need to enter A here.
    PAIR : is the command to pair the RFlink to the blind/screen you want to program.
  • Before you hit the "Send command" button, you first must put the Somfy screen/blind in pairing mode. You can do this by pushing the button at the back of your Somfy remote (small in a hole, use a pencil) for about 3 seconds. The screen/blind will go forward (down) and back (up) to let you know it is in pairing mode.
    The moment you hear/she this you click the "Send command" button.
    If everything goes well the screen/blind will go forward (down) and back (up) again and in RFLinkLoader you will see something like this : 20;XX;OK;
  • Now you can test in RFLinkLoader if it is working by sending these commands:
    10;RTS;0F0F0F;0;DOWN; (screen goes down)
    10;RTS;0F0F0F;0;UP; (screen goes up)
  • In Domoticz you can now add this screen/blind by adding a switch manually and configuring it like shown in the French document.
    ID is the address you used to pair and is registered in the Rolling code table. In the example this is 0F0F0F.
I hope this helps.

pmarcus
New user

#3 Post by pmarcus » 05 Jun 2018, 21:38

Thanks for the explaination. I am trying to get it to work and keep you posted. The first part of registering the adres in the blindsmotor as a second remote is completed. :)

Paul

pmarcus
New user

#4 Post by pmarcus » 16 Jun 2018, 11:46

Hello Ramon,

Did you succeded to get the RFlink to work with Somfy RTS screens?

Greetings,
Paul Marcus

Ramon wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 19:23 Hi,

I'm new to the world of automation using RFLink. I hope someone can help me with an english or dutch procedure on how to pair Somfy screens using a RFLink.

I'm Using :
Raspberry PI 3 model B
Domoticz
RFLink 433.420 MHZ

What is working is that in Domoticz I can push the button Learn Light switch and it will recognize the Somfy Telis 1 remote when I push a button on this remote.
What doesn't work is controlling the blinds from Domoticz after that. No response from the blinds at all.

I found on this forum and others that you should learn the code of the Somfy Telis remote not in Domoticz but using RFLinkLoader.exe
There is a french procedure telling you how to do this : https://matdomotique.wordpress.com/2016 ... -et-somfy/
I don't speak french and Google translate isn't doing a really good job in translating this article. So unfortunately I still don't understand how to do this.

Can someone please explain me in English or dutch what the procedure is to pair a Somfy blinds using a RFlink. Or maybe refer me to an english procedure that explains how to do this (I couldn't find it :-( )?
Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Ramon

Milhouse
New user

#5 Post by Milhouse » 15 Jul 2018, 11:25

Hi and thanks for translating the instructions.

I have been sucesfull controling my Somfy blinds by sending commands directly from RFLink Loader, howerver I am still not able to control it with Domoticz (running on Synology NAS).

1)
I have successfully updated RFLink EEPROM.I captured hexadecimal address from Somfy remote, so I am able to control the blinds by RFLink and remote control at the same time. I am sending commands directly from RFLink Loader. Great so far.

2)
I have manually created a new switch in Domoticz (Venetian Blins EU), but the switch sends the ON/OFF command instead of UP/DOWN command.

RFLink command that works:
10;RTS;f2fc3c;2;UP
Domoticz sends command that is not working:
Will You plese help, how to make Domoticz sending the correct command?

passie
Normal user

#6 Post by passie » 05 Aug 2018, 03:39

Maybe this post of mine will help.

https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopi ... 8&start=20

Good luck

--- Passie