Source Code?

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

WilcoVertegaal
New user

Re: Source Code?

#11 Post by WilcoVertegaal » 17 Mar 2016, 11:06

It looks as if the entire project has been revoked from SourceForge now? Anywhere else that we can get the source code from? I would just like to tinker with my Arduino Nano to control my KaKu hardware, for my own use.

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#12 Post by Stuntteam » 17 Mar 2016, 12:34

Hello Wilco,

Indeed we are not using SourceForge anymore!

Obviously the firmware will not fit onto a Nano.
But for your needs it should be fine to compile without most of the other plugins.
Besides the kaku plugin make sure you keep plugin 1 as well...

Look on this page, near the bottom, for a link to a development tree/source code archive: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/2015/07/cc
Mail to frankzirrone@gmail.com if you need help with modifications etc.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

WilcoVertegaal
New user

#13 Post by WilcoVertegaal » 17 Mar 2016, 14:55

Excellent, thank you very much!

tarends120
New user

#14 Post by tarends120 » 03 Oct 2016, 09:28

Hi all,

I have been working on a nano project with rflink for a while that runs stable, i'm glad for all the work you guys did. But last weekend i wanted to install some new hardware "promax" switches and i noticed that these were not compatible with the source code that i find on the website. is there any possibility that i can get te source code for the latest firmware?

Thanks in advance.

tarends120
New user

#15 Post by tarends120 » 15 Oct 2016, 19:38

Hi all,

I still have not found a solution, a big arduino has been ordered to run the latest framework without modifications (but chinese delivery takes a while to get to holland). Any chance that someone can share the source code with me (via PM or something).
I need the plugins for the promax 75.006.14 55010x10

Thanks in advance.

debnie
New user

#16 Post by debnie » 07 Nov 2016, 22:47

Just like tarends120, I would like the (most recent) source code if it's possible.
I have an Ikea Ansluta light and would like to use multiple remotes with one light (unsupported).
I think it's overkill to use an atmega for controlling only one device, so i would use an atmega328 (cheap).
So if I could get the plugin file, it would save a lot of time. ;)

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#17 Post by Stuntteam » 08 Nov 2016, 00:51

debnie wrote:I have an Ikea Ansluta light and would like to use multiple remotes with one light (unsupported).
RFlink supports u pto 65000 Ansluta remotes and can control the same number of lights..
However, You can not use multiple remote controls with 1 single light as the light will only learn 1 remote control address.
When you use Domoticz you can make some script that will tie multiple remote controls to one light (or a series of lights).
There are no modifications needed to RFlink for that.
debnie wrote:I think it's overkill to use an atmega for controlling only one device, so i would use an atmega328 (cheap).
The Atmega is only 5 euros. We currently do not support any other platforms.
We might however expand to something else in the future... most likely something with wifi like wemos etc.
The 328 is too small to hold the full RFLink firmware. Only a cut down version would do it but it does not make sense to spend time on that.

debnie
New user

#18 Post by debnie » 08 Nov 2016, 13:33

RFlink supports u pto 65000 Ansluta remotes and can control the same number of lights..
However, You can not use multiple remote controls with 1 single light as the light will only learn 1 remote control address.
Couldn't I use RFlink to pair to a light and then clone the adress so I would use an Atmega and wireless module per remote?

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#19 Post by Stuntteam » 08 Nov 2016, 14:28

Just looking at original items:
The original remotes (transmitter) have a unique address, the light (receiver) is put in pairing mode and learns the address of the remote.
After pairing the light will only respond to the remote control address that it was paired to.
The light is only able to store 1 address, so you can not make it listen to multiple remotes.

RFlink is able to receive commands from ANY remote control. It will tell the controller if it received a command from a remote control.
This means you could for example use 4 remote controls and hang them in different corners of the room when buttons are pressed rflink will see all the signals..

You can also pair RFLink as a remote control to the light. You select an address that is not the same as the 4 you put in the corners. Thus RFlink becomes a 5th remote.
The light will only respond to RFlink because the light has stored the address that you gave RFLink.

To make your light respond to the buttons in each corner, you have to use the controller software (like Domoticz or so) and use a scene/script.
This scene has to be triggered when each of the 4 remotes is triggered and as an action has to turn on the light.

The above is currently possible, no modifications have to be done to the rflink code.
However, note that the original remote controls have 3 states: OFF, ON at medium strength and ON
It cycles through these states as follows:
lamp is off, 1 press lamp goes to medium strength, 1 press lamp is full strength, 1 press lamp goes to medium strength, 1 press lamp is off

If you do not like this, you can also use a different (non-ikea) remote with just ON/OFF
or use the web interface to directly pick the right mode.

debnie
New user

#20 Post by debnie » 08 Nov 2016, 19:26

...The original remotes (transmitter) have a unique address, the light (receiver) is put in pairing mode and learns the address of the remote.
After pairing the light will only respond to the remote control address that it was paired to.
The light is only able to store 1 address, so you can not make it listen to multiple remotes.
You can also pair RFLink as a remote control to the light. You select an address that is not the same as the 4 you put in the corners. Thus RFlink becomes a 5th remote.
The light will only respond to RFlink because the light has stored the address that you gave RFLink..
I get what you mean, and it's a good solution for my problem but I would like to do it simpler.
In this setup I would need an RFlink on an atmega, a CC2500, a controller (ex Raspberry Pi) and another remote (and they al need to be powered all the time).
I would like to strip the RFlink code to be stand-alone, so just an Atmel connected to a CC2500 (powered by batteries).

You say that you can pair the light and the RFlink (the RFlink act as an Ansluta remote with a fixed address). I presume the signals the RFlink (CC2500) emmits to the light is fixed.
So I could make another RFlink which emmits the same signals as the other (already linked to the light).
So basically I'm looking for an easy way to immitate the wireless signals from the remote (with the fixed address).

Dr_Genestealer
New user

#21 Post by Dr_Genestealer » 04 Feb 2017, 02:36

It sounds like you just want this: "Ansluta-Remote-Controller" from https://github.com/NDBCK/Ansluta-Remote-Controller :D