ESP Easy development status

Announcements from the Staff

Moderators: Voyager, BertB, rtenklooster, Stuntteam, Martinus

Mariete
Normal user

Re: ESP Easy development status

Postby Mariete » 08 Jan 2017, 21:20

I'm so sorry to hear this. :o

Thank you very much for all the work you did on ESPEASY.

We will miss you, for sure. I hope somebody takes over ESPEASY and gives continuity to it.
Shardan
Normal user

Postby Shardan » 10 Jan 2017, 19:04

This is a really bad news, but real life comes first always.

We will for sure miss you and your expertise.

Anyways: Many thanks for the work you have done, for all the development and helping.
Let's hope you find a successor who does with the same effort and the same knowledge.

Best whishes for you and your family
Shardan
Alexs
Normal user

Postby Alexs » 10 Jan 2017, 19:14

Hi Martinus, I'm quite new here but have been using ESPEasy for a little while now and it is awesome. I'm sorry to hear you won't have as much time for it any more.
I'm keen to help out and contribute though, would be awesome to join the github project!

Alex
DeNB3rt
Normal user

Postby DeNB3rt » 12 Jan 2017, 15:02

Martinus wrote:Dear all,

Due to personal reasons, i have to stop active development on ESP Easy. So this would be a good moment to hand over the project maintenance to members of the community. If anyone wants to take over the project control on github, please contact me by PM, so i can add you as a team member of the github letscontrolit organization.

All my work, including all experimental stuff, is available on github as of now: https://github.com/letscontrolit

Wish you all the best for 2017!

Best regards,

Martinus

Hi Martinus,

Very sad to hear that you stop the development. I would like to thank you very much for all your effort that you spent on this very interesting project.
I realy love this piece of software :!:
I hope the communicty will continue the development and that you can keep an eye on it in the background (het is immers uw geesteskind zoals ze dit in het nederlands zeggen :) . )
Veel succes man in uw verdere doen en laten, hopelijk leeft het project verder!

Good luck in the future @Martinus! All the best.
Located in Belgium, Bruges. Working on a full DIY domoticz setup with ESPEasy.
BertB
Normal user

Postby BertB » 12 Jan 2017, 19:42

Just read the news.
Hope whatever caused you to take this step will be solved somehow.
Thank you for all the good work.
uxhamby
Normal user

Postby uxhamby » 21 Jan 2017, 21:57

You leave us a truly impressive body of work. My hat is off to you and I wish you all the best for your other endeavors.

Brian H.
JR01
Normal user

Postby JR01 » 22 Jan 2017, 08:44

Well stated Brian!
+1+1+1 !!!
clearminds
Normal user

Postby clearminds » 22 Jan 2017, 20:51

Martinus wrote:Dear all,

Due to personal reasons, i have to stop active development on ESP Easy. So this would be a good moment to hand over the project maintenance to members of the community. If anyone wants to take over the project control on github, please contact me by PM, so i can add you as a team member of the github letscontrolit organization.

All my work, including all experimental stuff, is available on github as of now: https://github.com/letscontrolit

Wish you all the best for 2017!

Best regards,

Martinus

Hello,

Trying to send a PM but can't,

Best Regards
Daniel
sedlacek.david
Normal user

Postby sedlacek.david » 24 Jan 2017, 12:54

Hi there from the Czech Republic.

For first, thank you very much for your work. I really do like your project and found it very useful.

But one thing makes me unsure. You ended up with the project. I can imagine how much time consuming it should be. Fully underdstand. Is it worth to use EasyESP in long-term running projects? AKA home automation? Currently been considering several ESP projects including this one for my home-automation. Eventually I'm counting with some development contribution. But for me and the others is very important if there is a community behind each project.

So my question is what do you think the future of the project will look like? Thank you again for your hard work! David
doxikus
Normal user

Postby doxikus » 27 Jan 2017, 21:29

Hi Martinus,

I'm very sorry to hear about this, I was here from the very beginning of this great project, thanks again for all hard work and I wish you all best .

Return to “Staff Announcements forum”