My ESP Easy projects

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mgennip
Normal user

My ESP Easy projects

#1 Post by mgennip » 08 Oct 2016, 20:35

Last months i have been working on different projects with an ESP8266 in it. All of my projects are based on this great ESP Easy firmware. My house is now equipped with more than 20 ESP modules for switches, sensors, relays etc.etc. All running on release 120 or newer.

I am using Homeseer as home automation software and have written a script plugin for it to connect all these ESP modules. At this moment i am developing hardware and an ESP Easy plugin for an AC dimmer. This is now in breadboard and working phase, but needs more work...

For all you people who are interested in my work, i have made a little website and maybe you get inspired to get going further with my ideas. All schematics and information are free for you to use.

please visit http://www.van-gennip.com and let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome!

DeNB3rt
Normal user

Re: My ESP Easy projects

#2 Post by DeNB3rt » 16 Nov 2016, 14:36

Hi interesting project!
Please post some more details :) .

Question, I visited your site, but can't find a lot about your AC dimmer project. Please share ;)
Located in Belgium, Bruges. Working on a full DIY domoticz setup with ESPEasy.

Mijn.Handen
New user

#3 Post by Mijn.Handen » 02 Jan 2017, 13:26

I like the wall dimmer a lot. Only thing i miss is the option to control the dimmer by a button. A simple pulse button might be enough short pulse is on/off, long pulse for dim level.
All for the famous WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) and ease of control.

MH

anthony420
New user

#4 Post by anthony420 » 14 Oct 2017, 03:36

mgennip wrote: 08 Oct 2016, 20:35 I am using Homeseer as home automation software and have written a script plugin for it to connect all these ESP modules.
I have been using ESPEasy with Homeseer as well, but did it using the free MQTT plugin for Homeseer. That works surprisingly-well and integrates all of my MQTT sensors even those which are not ESPEasy based. I'm using a Raspberry Pi as my MQTT broker. I plan to take a look at your approach as well as this seems like it may be a lot of fun, and after all, that's why I do this stuff!

budman1758
Normal user

#5 Post by budman1758 » 14 Oct 2017, 19:45

I like your development board. Does it come with a parts list? Most of them look to be pretty standard stuff but sometimes it can be hard to source stuff without part numbers and such.
"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be".

DeNB3rt
Normal user

#6 Post by DeNB3rt » 17 Oct 2017, 15:33

don't you have more pictures for us, we like setupzzz :D

Martinus

#7 Post by Martinus » 22 Oct 2017, 11:52

mgennip wrote: 08 Oct 2016, 20:35 Last months i have been working on different projects with an ESP8266 in it. All of my projects are based on this great ESP Easy firmware. My house is now equipped with more than 20 ESP modules for switches, sensors, relays etc.etc. All running on release 120 or newer.

I am using Homeseer as home automation software and have written a script plugin for it to connect all these ESP modules. At this moment i am developing hardware and an ESP Easy plugin for an AC dimmer. This is now in breadboard and working phase, but needs more work...

For all you people who are interested in my work, i have made a little website and maybe you get inspired to get going further with my ideas. All schematics and information are free for you to use.

please visit http://www.van-gennip.com and let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome!
Hello mgennip,

We have just launched the idea to have users share their projects in the User: namespace on our Wiki pages. That way, we could have a centralized platform for all these nice ideas and projects. Would you be willing to spend some time and add a user page and some projects pages on this wiki space?

Martinus

DeNB3rt
Normal user

#8 Post by DeNB3rt » 23 Oct 2017, 15:40

+1 for all centralized :)