MPDMv4 - Universal AC MAINS Dimmer Board usage

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mvveelen
New user

Re: MPDMv4 - Universal AC MAINS Dimmer Board usage

#51 Post by mvveelen » 02 Jan 2018, 19:36

Hi,

making an old topic alive again..... :

I came across this piece of hardware (the MPDMv4) and I'm already using several Sonoff's, Wemos D1 Mini's and Domoticz. Now I want to dim my Halogen lights and this should be THE solution for me.

But I have a few questions and I hope someone can give me a quick reply:

1. How exactly is the MPDMv4 connected to the Sonoff Basic ?
2. What setup is used in the ESPEasy firmware (what device, are there some extra settings I need to change) ?
3. Is dimming smooth with the Sonoff in combination with this MPDMv4 ?
4. I love the plastic container, could you give a link to this container so I can order 1 (or two) myself ?

Thanks in advance, I really love this stuff but I need some extra pushes in the right direction :oops:

Richie1972
New user

Re: MPDMv4 - Universal AC MAINS Dimmer Board usage

#52 Post by Richie1972 » 19 Apr 2018, 10:42

Hi,
Having bought a few of these MDPMv4 devices and some Sonoff Basics I am also looking for some info regarding the question raised by the previous poster:

1. How exactly is the MPDMv4 connected to the Sonoff Basic ?
I would expect them to be connected to the Vcc, GND and GPIO14 connections that are in the same "row" as the TX & RX connections.
However, can the Sonoff Basic provide enough power for the MDPMv4? I've only seen one mention of anyone using this combination, but no info as to whether it actually worked.

2. What setup is used in the ESPEasy firmware (what device, are there some extra settings I need to change) ?
Using ESPEasy would be great, but I've only used it for a Sonoff S20, so any help here would be appreciated - especially to make sure that the push button for turning on/off also synchronises with Domoticz (for example)

3. Is dimming smooth with the Sonoff in combination with this MPDMv4 ?
Any info on this?
I know you have to keep to PWM values between a certain range (0-1024???)

Thanks,
Richie