Arduino/ESP8266 library to control Mitsubishi HeatPump via SERIAL port

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

swicago
New user

Arduino/ESP8266 library to control Mitsubishi HeatPump via SERIAL port

#1 Post by swicago » 22 Feb 2017, 17:27

Hi Guys, a while back I had a 8 zone Mitsubishi Heat Pump system installed. Before I bought the system, I did some research and found out about the cn105 accessory port.
Mitsubishi charges $180 per KUMO Cloud wifi device, that has limited capability and always phones home. I opt'd not to buy those. I later found online, Hadley from New Zealand made a RaspberryPi python code for it, so I decided to port it to Arduino Library.

The cn105 port is a slow 2400'8'1'E serial port, but plenty fast to send and receive information to/from the heatpumps. ESP8266 ESP-1 is an ideal candidate and dirt cheap.
I have made a GIT repo about a month ago and it is actively being contributed too. A few contributors use it with MQTT and OPENHAB
It also plays nice with units controlling/changing settings via IR or with other accessories on other ports

Since it is a library, I am sure someone could easily make an ESP easy sketch with it.

https://github.com/SwiCago/HeatPump

Moderators, if I shared this in the wrong spot, please move.

Cheers
-AL

swicago
New user

Re: Arduino/ESP8266 library to control Mitsubishi HeatPump via SERIAL port

#2 Post by swicago » 06 Mar 2017, 01:21

We recently discovered how to send remote temperature sensor data to the heat pump. This is great for ducted units in attics, where temperature sensors wil not match room temperature.

xztraz
Normal user

Re: Arduino/ESP8266 library to control Mitsubishi HeatPump via SERIAL port

#3 Post by xztraz » 12 Feb 2018, 17:39

Any updates to this?
A plugin for ESPEasy would be awesome