Support for persistent AP mode for in-car application

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

wibbly
New user

Support for persistent AP mode for in-car application

#1 Post by wibbly » 13 Mar 2018, 11:45

I saw a post that support for persistent AP mode is unlikely to happen - is this still the case?

My application is is use a Sonoff SV in a car (no AP available to use it as a STA), controlled by my phone. It will be wired 'in series' with a USB phone charger to control the power to the phone, to prevent over charging. There's good evidence that charging a phone over 80% of it's capacity significantly ages the battery and, for the low cost of the Sonoff SV, this could be an interesting project.

So... is there any way folk go/could go about solving this problem with ESP Easy - how to put it and keep it in AP mode for (remote) applications where it's not desirable to have it try and connect to an AP in STA mode? I understand it will fall back to AP mode after a time with no connection to an AP - but this time is 10 mins or more?

Is there a work around to, say, reduce this time significantly? And once it goes into AP mode will it stay there so long as the configured AP never appears and all the rules etc. work as if it was in STA mode still?