Wemos D1 Mini HELP please

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Fathead
New user

Wemos D1 Mini HELP please

#1 Post by Fathead » 24 Apr 2018, 20:00

I am trying to make a project which in my mind seems really really simple but i cant get it to work. What i what to do is have a magnet reed switch on a door. This door is attached to my shed in the garden away from the house but within WIFI range and has power inside. I want to use a wemos d1 mini to send the open/closed state of the reed switch and a temp/humidty (DHT22) through the WIFI which is connected to another wemos D1 mini. This second unit will have an oled attached to show the temp and humidity and there will also be a servo that will indicate if the door is open/closed. The servo moves when it gets the signal from the reed switch. I want the servo to move 90 degrees. So door closed (reed switch closed(signal output 1)) the pointer on the servo points to closed, door open (reed switch open (signal output 0)) the pointer on the servo points to open.

Is this possible to do?

I have looked at many examples but:

1. I dont want to be able to control the door to open and close it, i just want the indication.
2. I don't have a smart phone so i want the indication on the wall where the servo box is.

Can i do this without a broker or do i need to call HTTP requests MQTT and pay for something to do it online and cost ££££ just to show that a door is open.

Hope that makes sense, i have been doing this for a while, all i can get is the DHT to show on both wemos's but no switch indication

Many thanks in advance

Fathead
New user

Re: Wemos D1 Mini HELP please

#2 Post by Fathead » 25 Apr 2018, 15:36

I have found a solution and made this project very simple and it only uses one wemos.
I now run a 30m twin core cable from the shed which is attached to the reed switch to the wemos which is inside and now i dont have to bother with wifi, just need to drill 3 holes through the walls without the wife finding out lol and to hide all the cable. Job sorted.