Wetterstation: More than 4 values from a serial sensor

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

petefirefox
New user

Wetterstation: More than 4 values from a serial sensor

#1 Post by petefirefox » 19 Jan 2019, 21:33

Hello all,

I need your help on some issue I'm facing.
I have here a weather station of Elnser (identical with the Eltako Multisensor), which can give me information on Outside-Temperature, humidity, rain, wind speed, brightness (east, south and west!), dawn, rain and windspeed.
The information is transferred via a serial telegram every second.

I have already a custom build with my own plugin for that sensor.
But I have two problems with it:
a) ESPEasy does only support Plugin with a max of 4 values. Is that correct?
How to overcome that limitation?
Would it be possible that I assemble a string that gets transferred to the controller? On the controller I could then split that string into the fields.
b) due to the limitation I tried to duplicate the plugin and transfer a subset of the values per plugin.
But as I use the PLUGIN_SERIAL_IN as in _P040_ID12.ino I have some issues to get both plugins called. Appears as if only the first instance of the plugin is called.
Is my understanding correct?

How could I overcome those limitations?

Would it work if I write a function for "PLUGIN_READ" that is then checking the serial port?
I think I tried that already and the ESPEasy web interface appeared hanging afterwards :-(

I'm a little stuck here and need some help/advise or creative ideas. Thanks a lot for any help.

petefirefox
New user

Re: Wetterstation: More than 4 values from a serial sensor

#2 Post by petefirefox » 19 Jan 2019, 22:51

Ok, I think I have found a method that appears to work.

I instantiate the same sensor twice. But with a differnt type. Each type has 4 values that it can hold and transfer.
Then within the PLUGIN_SERIAL_IN I do loop over all instances and assign the values of the instance type. That all just happens in a single device but for all devices.

Not sure if this gets clear, but it works :-)

I will probably release the plugin after some more testing.