Additional MCU to ESP modul

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

paxi
Normal user

Re: Additional MCU to ESP modul

#21 Post by paxi » 21 Feb 2017, 10:06

You are right toeffel. But one can "wrap" that command in a rule and trigger this new event via mttq.

@38dome:
I haven't used it yet but from the description ser2net should be capable of what you're trying to to (send data to serial port) but you'll have to use telnet instead of mttq.

toffel969
Normal user

#22 Post by toffel969 » 21 Feb 2017, 13:09

paxi wrote:You are right toeffel. But one can "wrap" that command in a rule and trigger this new event via mttq.

@38dome:
I haven't used it yet but from the description ser2net should be capable of what you're trying to to (send data to serial port) but you'll have to use telnet instead of mttq.
:idea: true, but how do you get the values to set?
They also Come via mqtt, or am i getting it wrong. Ahhh but the event value could work...just checked. Wrapping event in conjuction with %eventvalue% should work.

http://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index ... _Variables
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

paxi
Normal user

#23 Post by paxi » 21 Feb 2017, 13:45

Yes, this should work for @velja.

Be carefull, @38domo kind of hijacked this thread ;) and we're actually discussing two different topics here (desired direction of data flow over the serial interface). :P

akulla
New user

#24 Post by akulla » 13 Oct 2018, 23:35

Hello,

I am working on a home project with a arduino to get and process some analog values. I thought of using espeasy to get the data from the arduino via serial. First thing i try was to create a serial server device in espeasy and connect the arduino tothe esp via serial. Then with node-red i successfuly connect to the serial server tcp port and send data that i was able to see in the serial monitor(arduino serial monitor). But the problem is that i can not do the other way (send data from the serial monitor to node-red), there seems to exist some problem...
Then i come across this thread and saw the idea of set the task value of a dummy device via serial, beautiful!!! I set the dummy device and start receiving device value via MQTT that is a good solution too for me. The problem is that the command TaskValueSet,x,x,x does not work... So my question is anybody have done this with success? If yes i apreciate your help.

Thank very much.

RB