Espeasy module does not work when controller is down

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

tcha000
New user

Espeasy module does not work when controller is down

#1 Post by tcha000 » 24 Oct 2018, 12:43

Hello,
Config: Module Sonoff dual with flash: ESP_Easy_v2.0.20180322_normal_ESP8285_1024.bin, controller: jeedom on Z83.
I'm using sonoff dual/Espeasy to control Venitien stores with Jeedom controller.
I created rules to make the module autonomous (manual switches) in case any issue with the controller.
All is working well, except when the controller is off (or failed): autonomous control by the switches is no more possible. If I access to the module from a browser, the swap between pages is very low.
The only solution I've found is to configure the module in "standalone" mode or to inhibit all the data feedback from the module to the controller (e.g. store position, switch status). the module seems to be in a "waiting" loop when it cannot send data to the controller (which is off).
Note that if the WIFI only is lost, the module works perfectly with the manual switches.
Any idea to have both autonomous capability and data feedback from the module to the controller ?
Thanks!

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Espeasy module does not work when controller is down

#2 Post by TD-er » 24 Oct 2018, 12:49

This use case is one of the reasons I added the delay queue in the controllers.
This is a feature which was added about 2 months ago, so it is not included in your build.

Make sure to save your current settings and rules before updating, since there is no guarantee all will be kept when upgrading.

Also please note we are currently having some stability issues, so you may also want to try it first on another node to see if it will fit your needs.

tcha000
New user

Re: Espeasy module does not work when controller is down

#3 Post by tcha000 » 24 Oct 2018, 14:13

Thanks Td-er !
I will upgrade it on another node I have, to test it.