BMx280 using OpenHAB MQTT - Only Temperature visible

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

robatbentley
Normal user

BMx280 using OpenHAB MQTT - Only Temperature visible

#1 Post by robatbentley » 19 Dec 2018, 21:02

I have two BMx280 devices on seperate ESP8266 devices, both setup in pretty similar ways. i.e. The working device uses deep sleep mode, the other doesn't.
I use OpenHAB MQTT to send the device readings (temperature, pressure and humidity) to a third device to present the readings on an LCD.
One of the devices works just fine and displays all the readings on my LCD, and I can see the subscribed MQTT messages when viewing using tool MQTT.fx.
However, the other device only displays the temperature (on the LCD device), and I can't see any MQTT messages for humidity and pressure using MQTT.fx. However, the 8266 with the problem does display good readings for temperature, humidity and pressure in the BMx280 device summary, so the BMx280 looks like it's doing its job. Just don't seem to be able to get the data out via MQTT. The Domoticz HTTP controller seems to be working okay as it's displaying all 3 parameters successfully in Domoticz.

I'm using the same build of ESPEasy_mega-20181218 for both devices but using ESP_Easy_mega-20181218_test_core_250_beta_ESP8266_4096_VCC on the device that's working
...and ESP_Easy_mega-20181218_normal_ESP8266_4096 on the device that isn't.

I've tried using binary ESP_Easy_mega-20181218_test_core_250_beta_ESP8266_4096_VCC on both devices but still didn't fix the problem.
Also tried resetting the problem device to zeros and re-flashing the builds but still not fix the problem.

The MQTT client is my Raspberry Pi and have had a number of updates over the last couple of weeks.

This setup was working a couple of weeks ago but can't remember the exact point when it stopped working.
Is there something I've missed in the setup or a conflict of resources? Tried shutting down the unit that was working but not help the situation.
Any help appreciated and more details available on request.
thanks, Rob
Last edited by robatbentley on 19 Dec 2018, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
RobUpNorth

grovkillen
Core team member

Re: BMx280 using OpenHAB MQTT - Only Temperature visible

#2 Post by grovkillen » 19 Dec 2018, 21:21

My guess is that the queue is filled up. Look into the controller settings and make sure the queue depth is set to 10.
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

robatbentley
Normal user

Re: BMx280 using OpenHAB MQTT - Only Temperature visible

#3 Post by robatbentley » 19 Dec 2018, 21:39

Thanks for that. I can now see all three parameters worth of MQTT subscriber values via MQTT.fx. Giess the deep sleep on the other device stopped the problem.
Looks like I'm back in action again.
Cheers
RobUpNorth