SOLVED/Working: Wiegand26 input from Fingerprint - and RFID Tag

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

tozett
Normal user

Re: SOLVED/Working: Wiegand26 input from Fingerprint - and RFID Tag

#31 Post by tozett » 12 Nov 2016, 11:13

my reader is mounted on the frontdoor. outside.
now as it getting colder, it takes some minutes with the finger strongly pressed onto the reader, that after sometime the reading starts.
i here the beeps, if the reader has done its work.

seems somehow less with espeasy,
more with the reader itself.

i assume that the reader senses for the finger/body temperature, than starts reading.
now as it is colder outside, the finger has to warm up the reader-plate. after 1-2 minutes of warming up, the reader starts normal reading..

it my assumption is true, you could check with warming up the reader plate or warming up the finger with warm breathing against the finger (and strong pushing against the plate). than reading seems as in summer ...

maybe there can be found an electronic enhancement? you had it once open....

lucalg
New user

#32 Post by lucalg » 13 Apr 2017, 17:46

Good afternoon,
i'm working on a similar project in which i'm considering 250 tags to allow to power on a switch to open a door.
Can you explain (please the easy way) what to do to allow a sort of "allowed list?" to use in events?

Thank you very much.
Luca

tozett
Normal user

#33 Post by tozett » 13 Apr 2017, 18:42

In this Reader you can allow Tags directly by the Reader.
But i did not wire the Reader with the Lock!!
I personally allow all Tags, than get the tag-id from the Reader to the espeasy, and from there forward it to my allow list in My Homeserver. I don't use Events for this.

Any other question?

Shardan
Normal user

#34 Post by Shardan » 13 Apr 2017, 19:30

Hello,

for maybe 10 to 15 tags that might be possible with ESPEasy directly by using rules.

But 250 tags is far beyond the capacity of ESPEasy together with ESP8266 memory.
Second, it will be a hassle to keep that list up to date with ESPEasy.
You would have to edit the rules manually everytime a tag changes.

There are two ways to work around this:
Use an ESP with 4 MB Memory and write your own software for it. Might work.

Or use a small computer like a Raspberry and a software like FHEM, Domoticz, OpenHAB or similiar.
As even a Raspberry can handle a (small) database, it would be much more comfortable this way.
The ESP just reads the tag, sends data and receives the "Open" command when the tag is valid.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

lucalg
New user

#35 Post by lucalg » 14 Apr 2017, 00:02

Hello again and thanks. From your answer i understand how poor my post was.
Scenario is:
- domoticz on raspberry pi
- esp8266 sending to idx XX the tag when read.
I work in a tennis club with 250 users and i need to create zones allowed to a part of them and park for all. I've done a test making all up for 1 tag and using events (i'm not a programmer so i use skratch ;) ) and it works perfectly.
Problem is that i can't do it for 250 users. So what i need to do is to create a sort of user profiling (that is present in domoticz) and let this working with events (and this seems not possible in skretch unfortunetely).

The list should be editable (let me say a sort of csv somewhere to change in case of expiring for example).

Sorry again for the SMS i've sent before and I hope this new task is more clear.

Tnx to all.
Luca

tozett
Normal user

#36 Post by tozett » 14 Apr 2017, 10:44

You have the hardware you need in place. Working. Fine.
You only have to find a system on domoticz or rasperry (python/bash-script) to handle the 250 keys....

There are certain many ways to do this...hmmm

This is maybe at least not the best thread for this certain programming task on domoticz/raspberry/linux ...

tozett
Normal user

#37 Post by tozett » 14 Apr 2017, 10:52

Shardan wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 19:30
But 250 tags is far beyond the capacity of ESPEasy together with ESP8266 memory.
Anyway every tag/id is only around 15 characters, so 250 could be handled. Maybe takes longer to search through a list of 250tags, until door finally opens.

No impossible, but domoticz/raspberry is a cheap and powerful enough plattform to build up a control system for this 250 tags. But...it has to be build up somehow, i guess..😋

Shardan
Normal user

#38 Post by Shardan » 14 Apr 2017, 14:22

The ESP has only some KB of RAM.
Most of it is taken by ESPEasy already, so even if you flash a list of 250 tags to keep it out of memory, working off the list will be difficult with the left RAM.
Remember, at the actual state there is not enough ram for compiling all modules so the developer had to take off some modules already.
A rule set will work for some tags. with 250 tags the rule list is too long for memory and it might be too slow.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

tozett
Normal user

#39 Post by tozett » 14 Apr 2017, 17:39

Shardan wrote: 14 Apr 2017, 14:22 ... with 250 tags the rule list is too long for memory and it might be too slow.
Yeap. I use spiff (Filesystem) to store static htm files. If i call them with Browser, it (sometimes) takes a bit, but it is always working. So 250 tags could go onto spiffs-filesystem in a text-file. This could easy be edited in Browser. There a some examples for this here in the forum. And example code parts on github for a Solutions like this.
But the full Solutions still needs to be sort of coded from this snippets...
But at least still doable on the espeasy, i believe..
😋
For more Speed i would consider going on the rasperry/linux track...and still code there something...

Shardan
Normal user

#40 Post by Shardan » 14 Apr 2017, 20:23

From the "ESPEasy MEGA Forum Thread:
it wasn't actually a bug. with the new IR library we just hit our IRAM limit it seems. (and there is only 2-3k of IRAM to start with)

I created an overview of the different plugin sizes: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEas ... _sizes.txt

I'm currently trying to reduce memory usage of the various plugins, but we might have to disable some plugins by default in the next versions.
I assume that a quasi-database function will take more memory then availlable.
Surely it will be possible if you create a kind of "downgraded" or "naked" ESPEasy for a new plugin.
I agree it makes more sense to do that on a Raspberry-like device.

Regards and Happy Easter Ddays
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

sjp770
New user

#41 Post by sjp770 » 26 May 2018, 12:40

I'm trying to connect a HID Miniprox to an esp8266-07 running esp easy mega. When I had it 'working' it wouldn't read everytime and would also return different values when it did.

Any tips?

tozett
Normal user

#42 Post by tozett » 27 May 2018, 17:46

hmmm, a HID-Device gives the Wiegand numbers or tag-ID as you would type it with a keyboard.
a HID-Device could also work as a mouse.

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interface_device

i think espeasy can control other device types, but not HID without modifications.
my you check again here: https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index.php/Wiegand-26

William
New user

#43 Post by William » 04 Nov 2019, 10:04

I'd like to replace my simple wiegand rfid reader by this reader, but i want to control when the lock is open and when it's closed.
Of course i can still use my old RFID tags, but i would love to combine it with fingerprint, and my doorbell is broken, so this seems a great upgrade of my perfectly working system to me. I don't expect i have to change my code, because it's using / working with wiegand already.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My stepper motor website:skysmotor.com/- Machinery Design ? - ? Stepper Moter Development

"Necessity is the mother of invention." - Author unknown.

tozett
Normal user

#44 Post by tozett » 04 Nov 2019, 11:37

which reader? link?
what is your question?

Rocky
New user

#45 Post by Rocky » 13 Dec 2019, 19:30

Hello, I'd like to return to this reader (x660) but I've lost instructions with pinholes combination ( I remember something like 1881 etc.) Could I ask a picture of the manual? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Edit:
I think I got it, found this video: https://youtu.be/Dg_3PBV6ZOE

Thank you,
Piotr