New Itead based Wall Switch

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

jomeg0
New user

Re: New Itead based Wall Switch

#11 Post by jomeg0 » 22 May 2017, 18:41

Hi drbrains,

I have one question about the taobao switches. Despite being square, is the back of the switch small enough to fit in the European switch (round) box?

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely

Edward

drbrains
Normal user

#12 Post by drbrains » 24 May 2017, 14:11

The back of this switch is square. I'm not sure if it would fit in the European round hole. I noticed other brands gave special eu cases and the seem slightly smaller.

As for a 1,2 or 3 gang. The process is the same and software can handle up to 4 switches as the little PCB has 4 In and 4 Out pins.

VanShava
New user

#13 Post by VanShava » 26 May 2017, 09:35

Hi, drbrains,

It's so excited to find a way for flashing custom firmware on esp-b04.
I have similar switch in 3 gang and would give a try on it.

May i know which Hardware to "Un-Comment" inside arduino.h? SONOFF_DUAL? SONOFF_4CH?
Which board and Flash size to be selected? Generic ESP8266 module/ 1M(128K) SPIFFS?
Do need to modify any code inside espurna, let say for matching any GPIO for Button / Relay?

Shardan
Normal user

#14 Post by Shardan » 26 May 2017, 12:09

Hello,

not all Sonoff's run seamlessly on ESPEasy.
Sonoff Basic / TH10 / TH16 / S20 are known to work with ESPEasy.
Most of them use the 1MB (1024) binary afaik.
The Sonoff 4ch works, but it uses a slightly different processor (ESP8285 instead of 8266),
so you have to compile your own binary with the settings for that chip.

Sonoff Dual and several other Sonoff products use ESP8266 with a signal processor on the serial output..
These are not supported atm. There are some workarounds but not really "technically perfect" :) .

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

ferbulous
New user

#15 Post by ferbulous » 29 May 2017, 07:43

VanShava wrote: 26 May 2017, 09:35 Hi, drbrains,

It's so excited to find a way for flashing custom firmware on esp-b04.
I have similar switch in 3 gang and would give a try on it.

May i know which Hardware to "Un-Comment" inside arduino.h? SONOFF_DUAL? SONOFF_4CH?
Which board and Flash size to be selected? Generic ESP8266 module/ 1M(128K) SPIFFS?
Do need to modify any code inside espurna, let say for matching any GPIO for Button / Relay?
drbrains wrote: 24 May 2017, 14:11 The back of this switch is square. I'm not sure if it would fit in the European round hole. I noticed other brands gave special eu cases and the seem slightly smaller.

As for a 1,2 or 3 gang. The process is the same and software can handle up to 4 switches as the little PCB has 4 In and 4 Out pins.
I'd appreciate if you could go into detail for the arduino setup
Also, were you able to get it to work with mqtt & homeassistant?

I've also ordered another 4 gang itead based wall switch that should be arriving within the end of this week
It's not tantech, but it could be based on PSB-B04-GL as well, I will know more once I open it

Here's the link if anyone's interested

https://world.taobao.com/item/540194306 ... .14.ZBoI9j

jomeg0
New user

#16 Post by jomeg0 » 02 Jun 2017, 20:02

Hi drbrains,

I'm new to all this. I have managed to flash a few standard Sonoff switches for Smartthings and they all working well. What I'm trying to do now is flashing a WiFi wall switch like you did. Does this Chinese switch despite being square fit in an EU box (round)?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Edward

drbrains
Normal user

#17 Post by drbrains » 07 Jun 2017, 02:51

I am not sure if it will fit in the round European wall sockets. These switches were designed for China. They have square holes. Most switches I saw for the EU market have a different form factor. They are round in the back, which means redesigned pcb most of the time.

It's all based on this:
https://www.itead.cc/wiki/PSB_Smart_Switch_Module

The espurna firmware (last I checked) only uses 2 pins, cause it was designed for the sonoff dual. The sketch is easy to read and modify to add the other pins / switches / relays.

ferbulous
New user

#18 Post by ferbulous » 07 Jun 2017, 03:13

drbrains wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 02:51 I am not sure if it will fit in the round European wall sockets. These switches were designed for China. They have square holes. Most switches I saw for the EU market have a different form factor. They are round in the back, which means redesigned pcb most of the time.

It's all based on this:
https://www.itead.cc/wiki/PSB_Smart_Switch_Module

The espurna firmware (last I checked) only uses 2 pins, cause it was designed for the sonoff dual. The sketch is easy to read and modify to add the other pins / switches / relays.
Could you give more detailed instruction on how to configure that?
Did you have to add another extra pin since it's a 3 gang switch? What if I try to flash different firmware like tasmota to this 4 gang wall switch from herehttps://world.taobao.com/item/540194306 ... .14.ZBoI9j
Will it list all 4 main switch automatically on the settings or I still need to modify the sketch?

Btw, the 4 gang wall switch is using PSF-B85.

bobbybeans
Normal user

#19 Post by bobbybeans » 09 Jun 2017, 16:39

how the heck did you buy them from there? it took me ages to sign up for it then they wanted a 2 step auth and it was all different language. I managed to order them and they charged me but they never came. I cancelled and got my money back
I have the original itead one and can confirm it can be flashed
only had one problem. it locked up after running for a few months . pulled it out put it back it and back up and runng

ferbulous
New user

#20 Post by ferbulous » 10 Jun 2017, 05:09

bobbybeans wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 16:39 how the heck did you buy them from there? it took me ages to sign up for it then they wanted a 2 step auth and it was all different language. I managed to order them and they charged me but they never came. I cancelled and got my money back
I have the original itead one and can confirm it can be flashed
only had one problem. it locked up after running for a few months . pulled it out put it back it and back up and runng
So no updates at all on the tracking?
My current location is in Singapore & I usually get my orders from taobao within a week.

bobbybeans
Normal user

#21 Post by bobbybeans » 14 Jun 2017, 22:27

nice, no i waited for 3 weeks and it said it didn't even shipped. They gave me the money back but I couldn't read much. it was hard enough to login with the forced 2fa. i mean dont get me wrong i love 2fa but if i have the option to enable it and i can read the website.../ texts they send (which I cant)

enesbcs
Normal user

#22 Post by enesbcs » 27 Jun 2017, 17:23

Shardan wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 10:24 Itead does not give much info about the PSB circuit but i think it's the same as with the Sonoff Dual. They use a serial driven port chip to read keys and switch the relays.
As far as i know this is not supported by ESPEasy at this time.
It may be done with a plugin. Are there any information about used serial commands? Similar to Sonoff Dual?

ferbulous
New user

#23 Post by ferbulous » 10 Jul 2017, 16:35

hi drbrains,
I've flashed espurna on it,
I can turn on/off the touch from espurna webpage, but the switch status is not updated if I manually turned the the switches off/on.
Can you share how you configured it?

papperone
Normal user

#24 Post by papperone » 10 Jul 2017, 17:59

ferbulous wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 16:35 hi drbrains,
I can turn on/off the touch from espurna webpage, but the switch status is not updated if I manually turned the the switches off/on.
Are you still talking about the discontinued "Touch" 2 channel switch?
I saw ITEAD has deployed a new line of switch, called "Sonoff T1" which are available in 1, 2 and 3 channel configuration.
Anyone got any? Would be great to understand the hardware and if ESPEasy pluing can be then written...
My TINDIE Store where you can find all ESP8266 boards I manufacture --> https://www.tindie.com/stores/GiovanniCas/
My Wiki Project page with self-made PCB/devices --> https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... :Papperone

ferbulous
New user

#25 Post by ferbulous » 11 Jul 2017, 03:31

papperone wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 17:59
ferbulous wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 16:35 hi drbrains,
Are you still talking about the discontinued "Touch" 2 channel switch?
I saw ITEAD has deployed a new line of switch, called "Sonoff T1" which are available in 1, 2 and 3 channel configuration.
Anyone got any? Would be great to understand the hardware and if ESPEasy pluing can be then written...
No, it's the same tantech switch that drbrains posted before
I actually a have few other wifi switch that are also ESP8285 based (using PSFB85 https://www.itead.cc/psf-b85.html)

https://goo.gl/photos/xzGnCyVKFUs284H89
https://goo.gl/photos/Q7zgtRbWN1BeszJw8

Those work right away after I flashed sonoff 4ch of the espurna firmware.
But it's not really working properly with this tantech

I think the newer Sonoff T1 might be using the PSFB85 chipset

papperone
Normal user

#26 Post by papperone » 11 Jul 2017, 07:21

PCB tracks for AC are ridiculous on those units you just posted pictures; I won't install them in my house!!
My philosophy si different and my system is designed to work differently, surely it requires more rewiring and is more exepnsive but I truly believe is safer.
I'll post some pictures / info as beside the hardware (which is custom made) I am working to have all nodes rurring ESPEasy!
My TINDIE Store where you can find all ESP8266 boards I manufacture --> https://www.tindie.com/stores/GiovanniCas/
My Wiki Project page with self-made PCB/devices --> https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... :Papperone

danielgajdos
New user

#27 Post by danielgajdos » 22 Aug 2017, 15:59

Sonoff Touch T1 is based on the same PSF-B04 chip so to get into flash mode you have to ground GPIO0 as usual. I successfully uploaded Tasmota firmware into 2 gang version of T1.

gajotnt
Normal user

#28 Post by gajotnt » 16 Nov 2017, 16:17

papperone wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 07:21 PCB tracks for AC are ridiculous on those units you just posted pictures; I won't install them in my house!!
My philosophy si different and my system is designed to work differently, surely it requires more rewiring and is more exepnsive but I truly believe is safer.
I'll post some pictures / info as beside the hardware (which is custom made) I am working to have all nodes rurring ESPEasy!
If you use +/-10watt led lights, you're talking about 0.05Amps

A 0.2mm tick cable can handle that amperage, looks safe to me.

Of course if one is using higher power lamps, then that's a different story

Shardan
Normal user

#29 Post by Shardan » 16 Nov 2017, 18:34

Even those 0,05A circuits might produce a short circuit.
Regards
Shardan