Bug with I2C / LCD Connection ?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

kr0815
Normal user

Bug with I2C / LCD Connection ?

#1 Post by kr0815 » 16 Jan 2016, 17:26

I tried a few weeks ago to connect a LCD with a PCF8574 (hand soldered) - no success
So i ordered some displays with already attached PCF8574 in china, which arrived this week

As i got no luck to get them working, even I2C scanner failed, i remembered i bought a cheap logic analyzer long a ago.

In the end, i found out that SDA and SCL are swapt, but i´m 100% sure they are connectet correctly
I used, as in the default set-up , GPIO 4 and 5
After swapping them hardware-wise, it works now.
But i tried swapping them then in Software - still GPIO4 is SCL, 5 SDA
Even when setting them in Software to 14 and 15, i still measure SDA / SCL on 5/4

I´m using a ESP8266-12 on a development board, and downloaded the newest sketch today, can´t say if that was already the problem it didn´t work with the hand-soldered version 3 weeks ago ?

EDIT: maybe my fault, saw in the compiler now:

Code: Select all

Build-Optionen wurden verändert, alles wird neu gebaut
Multiple libraries were found for "LiquidCrystal_I2C.h"
 Used: C:\Users\kr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C
 Not used: C:\Users\kr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal

But after deleting LiquidCrystal_I2C.h , i get:

Code: Select all

_P012_LCD.ino: In function 'boolean Plugin_012(byte, EventStruct*, String&)':
_P012_LCD:160: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 't_backlighPol' [-fpermissive]
In file included from ESPEasy.ino:169:0:
C:\Users\kr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:53:4: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'LiquidCrystal_I2C::LiquidCrystal_I2C(uint8_t, uint8_t, t_backlighPol)' [-fpermissive]
    LiquidCrystal_I2C (uint8_t lcd_Addr, uint8_t backlighPin, t_backlighPol pol);
    ^
C:\Users\kr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:154:9: error: 'int LiquidCrystal_I2C::init()' is private
    int  init();
         ^
_P012_LCD:163: error: within this context
invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 't_backlighPol' [-fpermissive]
which is the right one to use ?