ESP12 GPIO

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

zycker
New user

ESP12 GPIO

#1 Post by zycker » 19 Sep 2015, 14:31

Hi,
First I would like to thank you guys for your work, I've just discovered espeasy at the point I was about to let down my project of pulse counting for my appartement due to lack of skill and time so it is a good news.

My hardware :
- Nodemcu devkit (esp12) for the moment but will be replaced by one esp01
- Energy meter with pulse output : Image

I manage to install espeasy and access the web interface to configure with my Domoticz server and this works fine.
My problem sure is simple : how to connect it properly.
I've use this :
pocircuit.png
pocircuit.png (7.58 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
And this : Image

but the counter on Domoticz don't react to the pulses even if it refresh every few seconds. I've tried gpio0 and gpio2 so D3 and d4 on the bord.
I've also tried D0 and the led on the circuit bright when the counter send an impulse.
Do you have a clue ?

Martinus

Re: ESP12 GPIO

#2 Post by Martinus » 19 Sep 2015, 16:56

Can you see Domoticz update the timestamp (last seen)?
Do you see connection messages in the web log on the ESP Easy? Something like this:

Code: Select all

6758487 : HTTP : connecting to 192.168.0.8
6758529 : HTTP : Succes!
6758543 : HTTP : closing connection
Did you use an incremental counter on Domoticz (ESP sends delta count)?
Does it count in the ESP webgui?

If you're using a NodeMCU devkit, you could try to set the ESP pulsecounter to GPIO-0 and toggle the flash button on the NodeMCU to see if it starts counting...

zycker
New user

Re: ESP12 GPIO

#3 Post by zycker » 19 Sep 2015, 18:44

Hi Martinus and thank you for your quick answer.

To start, I choose point at that I changed the voltage applied to the counter from 3,3v to 5v, it's 15m of cable away from the esp. After that i've started to see domoticz react but it stops after less than an hour :
test conso.PNG
test conso.PNG (12.59 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
test conso 2.PNG
test conso 2.PNG (16.09 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
I've just tried to press the reset button as you said and this append :
test conso 3.PNG
test conso 3.PNG (12.65 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
Value1 and 2 in espeasy have changed too so it seems the com between it and domoticz is ok but the pulse detection might be the problem. What strange is that I'm still using gpio0 and the blue led on the board still flash when my energy counter does.

edit: For testing purpose, I've created a switch input in espeasy, a virtual one in domoticz, just a wire between gpio2 and ground and voilà !
It's pleasing that is well responsive and extremely quick to setup, well done guys !