ESPEasy with Autodiscover MQTT feature in Home Assistant ?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

vincen
Normal user

ESPEasy with Autodiscover MQTT feature in Home Assistant ?

#1 Post by vincen » 19 Jan 2018, 07:22

Hi

I'd like to use the autodiscover MQTT feature of Home Assistant as showed here on HA website: https://home-assistant.io/docs/mqtt/discovery/

Did someone succeeded to implement that in ESPEasy ? and if so would he mind to share settings he used in ESPEasy ?

Thanks

Vincèn

vincen
Normal user

Re: ESPEasy with Autodiscover MQTT feature in Home Assistant ?

#2 Post by vincen » 21 Jan 2018, 12:23

No one on this ??

Thanks

Vincèn

yang3535
New user

#3 Post by yang3535 » 21 Jan 2018, 18:48

I haven't done this myself and I'm no expert on EASPEasy Rules, but the documentation for Home Assistant seems to indicate that HA autodiscovery is subscribed to MQTT topic "homeassistant". So publishing a MQTT message using the homeassistant topic along with some other details (NodeID, device type, etc.) should work. I think this can be done by coding a series of MQTT messages (one for each device) using ESPEAasy Rules to publish on bootup once WiFI is up.

vincen
Normal user

#4 Post by vincen » 22 Jan 2018, 07:14

yang3535 wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 18:48 I haven't done this myself and I'm no expert on EASPEasy Rules, but the documentation for Home Assistant seems to indicate that HA autodiscovery is subscribed to MQTT topic "homeassistant". So publishing a MQTT message using the homeassistant topic along with some other details (NodeID, device type, etc.) should work. I think this can be done by coding a series of MQTT messages (one for each device) using ESPEAasy Rules to publish on bootup once WiFI is up.
Thanks for clarification and looks like it's pretty complicated to do :( at least with ESPEasy and kills all interest of auto-discovery :roll:

KnatteAnka
New user

#5 Post by KnatteAnka » 29 Jan 2021, 21:07

I also wanted the auto-discover feature faster(then coding directly on EE) and less demending from each espeasy so i have created a Node-Red flow to do the work at creating devices according to the name of the variable
Current support of
* Sensors
* Switches
* Dimmer
* RGB Dimmer

Working on Termostat to get it to output set temperature

note that because there is not /Set to set a variable i do need to have rules on each device but i dont need to do anything inside configuration.yaml
and each device is under Devices and has all values there.
https://github.com/KnatteAnka/NodeRED_E ... oDiscovery

KnatteAnka
New user

#6 Post by KnatteAnka » 11 Feb 2022, 19:39

Not sure if anyone more is interested but is working on an update to my auto discovery Node to enable Select device type
Currently in Alpha state but will soon go to main branch