Wireless and web config corrupted after power outage

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

zldkwas83
New user

Wireless and web config corrupted after power outage

#1 Post by zldkwas83 » 01 Oct 2016, 21:07

Hello,

Have anyone experienced corrupted wireless (SSID, Key) and config (password) settings after power outage? I have two ESP (12E and 12F), both powered from 230V / HLK-PM01 / 5v to 3.3v step-down converter. Restarted / unplugged and plugged many times without any error. Both of them lost / had corrupted part of the config during power outage yesterday.

Both were running in AP mode broadcasting SSID ESP_00xxyy (xxyy last octets from MAC). It was impossible to login to web server (192.168.4.1) - password incorrect ! message (I tried correct password of course). Serial console provided output
>settings

System Info
IP Address : 0.0.0.0
Build : 121
Unit : 6
WifiSSID : ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ™þ?
WifiKey : ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ™þ?
Free mem : 28792

When I set home sensor network SSID and Key from console and rebooted, ESPs connected the network and I was able to login to web server (password accepted). Majority of the configuration seemed to be correct (at least devices part).

More info on modules and ESPEasy releases:

ESP Chip ID: 196060
Flash Chip ID: 1458400
Build: 93

ESP Chip ID: 2438
Flash Chip ID: 1458400
Build: 121
Core Version: 2_3_0

Any idea, please?

Thank you,
Zdenek