Global Sync with Sleep mode

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mikeluyten
New user

Global Sync with Sleep mode

#1 Post by mikeluyten » 24 Oct 2016, 06:12

Hey guys,

First time poster, I notice since I started using the sleep mode on my esp Global sync is very flaky from the esp that's sleeping.

Setup:
ESP1 with BME280 reading Temp/Humid/Pressure. Set to sleep for 300s and upload to Emoncms
ESP2 has oled display updating every 60 seconds with the current time and the values from ESP1

Emoncms is receiving data fine every 5 min but ESP2 only gets the global synced sensors once or twice every few hours.

Is there a way to force a global sync when the ESP wakes from sleep?

Drum
Normal user

Re: Global Sync with Sleep mode

#2 Post by Drum » 24 Oct 2016, 22:17

I had a similar question because I have several which sleep for 10 minutes. I think It may be possible (with changes) for a unit which is on all the time to store some information, but in the end, at least for me, I think it is better to send the information via a rule on boot. I have it setup for IP address, Version number would be nice too, but I haven't seen anything which looks like you can have version in the rule. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong...

I think it would be better to offload tracking this information to the controller rather than an ESP. If I can get it a MQTT message on boot it goes into a SQLite database and then it is easy to get to and with a bit of work it can be on a dashboard, but I quite figured out the dashboard yet but it is on my list.

baddzso
New user

Re: Global Sync with Sleep mode

#3 Post by baddzso » 03 Jan 2018, 20:36

I have a similar problem.
The Global sync works in normal mode, but with sleep mode it does not work.
I tried to use rules. The SendTo command works whitout sleep, but doesn't work in sleep mode. (Other commands works). The sendotoudp with ip absolutly don't work for me... :?

Code: Select all

On ds18b20#Temp do
   SendTo 1,TaskValueSet 3,1,[ds18b20#Temp]  //Works only without sleep mode
endon
The mqtt publishing is works perfectly with sleep.
Release: v2.0.0-dev12 normal
Any idea?
I would like to send temperature value from battery powered modul to a relay modul directly.
How can I do this?
Thank you!