MQTT Import - stability problems ...?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

waspie
Normal user

Re: MQTT Import - stability problems ...?

#11 Post by waspie » 03 Jul 2018, 04:09

dirk_k wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 11:49 I use only one MQTT Import with only one value.
But because a non optimal software configuration i send the value 20 times per minute (10 times within 2-3 seconds).
After some hours the ESP-Easy don't get new/changed MQTT values. I open the webpage and check this within device-view.
An external MQTT Tool see the new values at the MQTT server.
I build a second ESP (NodeMCU-Board - Release mega-20180625), point to the same MQTT Server&topic and get the same problems with stopping MQTT receive.
Both devices stopping nearly at the same time.
After rebooting one device, this one get the new values while the other (not rebooted) don't get the values...
Im not very aggressive with speed. About as close i get to doing that is if a unit reboots i send all the mqtt values at once at boot time (which can be 4-12 or so messages all at once).

TD-er
Core team member

#12 Post by TD-er » 04 Jul 2018, 21:43

What is the MQTT message delay setting?
I suggest setting that to 100 msec instead of 1000.
N.B. with the next build, that will be the new default setting and I will continue to run tests to reduce the effects of that setting, since it has a lot of impact on the entire node's operation.

dirk_k
Normal user

#13 Post by dirk_k » 04 Jul 2018, 22:17

currently my Message Interval is 1000msec
but this is for outgoing/sending messages only ... i think?

i correct the settings within my home control (FHEM) and send the control message one time once (instead 10 times)
now it works for days without problems.
i will report new problems as they occur.