Conditional Strings in Display?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

DonV
New user

Conditional Strings in Display?

#1 Post by DonV » 30 Jun 2018, 23:17

I've looked at the docs as best I can and found no examples of achieving this in a search. Experimentation has been unsuccessful so far... I've tried setting dummy variables to a string within rules, etc.

I'd like to have some values on a local display appear or not based upon a condition. So say I have a remote unit with a global sync variable which I'm showing on a hall unit with an attached display along with some local data values. When the remote unit goes down, the global variable stays unchanged but can't be trusted as a valid value. I'm working on a way to detect the remote unit is down within ESP Easy and would like to show the status or suppress the line in the display showing the related data if so. I'm using stable R1.20 on all my units currently. I will have Domoticz up and running to collect sensor data but would prefer to keep the solution within ESP Easy if possible rather than sending the data to Domoticz (or another agent) and then building the display strings there to send back to the display.

So say I have a 1306 OLED with the current values displayed (Hall unit has the display and that data is local, others global):

Code: Select all

Loc	Temp	%RH
Hall	77	55
Gar	88	76
Cpla	80	65
And the cupola unit goes off-line, which I hope to detect within ESP Easy on the display unit and then change the display to show either:

Loc	Temp	%RH
Hall	77	55
Gar 	88	76
Cpla	OFFLINE
or

Loc	Temp	%RH
Hall	77	55
Gar	88	76
In another case, I have a binary value which I'd like to represent on the screen not as 0 or 1 but rather using the strings OFF or ON, e.g.: Cupola Fan: ON

Is this possible?