Hello from Belgium

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

jspeybro
New user

Hello from Belgium

#1 Post by jspeybro » 08 Aug 2016, 21:38

Hi,
Just discovered the esp8266 recently and gathering all the parts to start building some sensors for in the house. Would be nice to get it going before I change to roof to see the impact of the isolation that is currently not there at all.
I stumbled upon the wiki and forum through the domoticz forum and it seems like a nice place to start.

To be honest, I found the wiki a bit lacking in the sense that it makes a lot of assumptions about how esp easy works.
It took me a while to understand that the ESP is configured as a wifi access point so you can connect to it and configure the device to whatever sensor is attached so you don't need to make different sketches for different sensors.
before I found this forum and wiki, I was just thinking about writing a simple sketch that reads a sensor and sends the data to domoticz while being a client in my existing wifi network. having multiple sensors would generate a new access point for each ESp8266 if I understand it correctly.
It would be nice if a basic scetch (in the sense of a schematic drawing, not an arduino IDE code thing) to explain the concept a little bit would be added to the home page of the WIKI. In only grasped the setup after reading the switch tutorial. A little drawing would help understand it.

Other than that, I've done multiple small projects with microcontrollers in assembly and C, did a fair bit of halogen to LED light conversions (dive lights mainly), so the ESP8266 should not create too many difficulties I guess.

Perhaps something I will be working on, since I don't see it in the examples, is a PIR detector activated (night) LED light with logging as a light switch to domoticz. Should be a fairly easy extension to the basic switch.

Johan

BertB
Normal user

Re: Hello from Belgium

#2 Post by BertB » 15 Jan 2017, 10:37

Hi,
Welcome to Lets Control it
Hope to see more from you soon.

Greetings,
Bert