Another South African - JHB

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

f-fish
New user

Another South African - JHB

#1 Post by f-fish » 19 Sep 2016, 04:36

Hi all.

Been playing with esp8266's since Feb 2016, and the numbers have increased - all the normal sensors and gadgets have been fun and very easy to use.

Currently tie them all into domoticz that is running on a PI3 .. have a few other sensors, Yun's plus some RTL-SDR snooping.
ImageImage
My favourite hack at the moment is using a dettol soap dispenser as a liquid fertiliser dosing pump on a planted aquarium.
Sonoff via domoticz takes care of switching lights on with the rules on espeasy allowing me to ensure that safe guards are in place even with power outages, should domoticz fail to switch things off.

Thanks to the dev's and community, espeasy really is easy - almost too easy ?

Later Ferdie

BertB
Normal user

Re: Another South African - JHB

#2 Post by BertB » 15 Jan 2017, 10:41

Hi,
Welcome to Lets Control it
Hope to see more from you soon.

Greetings,
Bert

Lianne_gray
New user

#3 Post by Lianne_gray » 15 Jun 2017, 09:15

Hi there, I hope you are doing good. Also, I would like to share my ideas here.
Every plant in the aquarium needs light, carbon dioxide, and nutrients to survive. So adding a fertilizer to the planted tank can be a daunting task. Though the selection and application of liquid fertilizers can affect the plant growth, there are certain things to be considered while deciding the perfect fertilizer for the planted tank.

Light is a major concern for the plant growth. It plays an important role in the process of photosynthesis. The next basic requirement is CO2 which depends on the intensity of light provided. For the healthy growth of plants, macronutrients and micronutrients are essential. So we should make sure that it is provided in a sufficient amount.

I have a planted aquarium at my home. Last time, I repurposed my old soap dispenser to pump the nutrient rich liquid. It provided the perfect dosing for the planted tank and is still working fine. What are your thoughts on this? Share your ideas.

Shardan
Normal user

#4 Post by Shardan » 15 Jun 2017, 12:46

Nice tank.

Maybe we should talk a bit :)
I've worked in development for a company specialized in aquarium equipment for several years.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan