Hello from NL

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

HansV
New user

Hello from NL

#1 Post by HansV » 31 Oct 2017, 13:23

After experimenting with NodeMCU / Lua, I stumbled over ESPEasy. So I installed it on a NodeMCU. And yes, it was really easy ;-)

Now I have bought a series of Sonoff S20 devices (I soldered/upgraded 4 of them to 4 Mb, but as I don't have the correct toolkit that was a risky event: I almost killed 2 of the 4 devices during this upgrade), and some other stuff (Wemos D1, NodeMCU, Sonoff basic).

Recently I built a controller for the pump of my kitchen heating ('CV pomp'). This controller is a combination of ESPEasy and Domoticz. I measure the temperature of the incoming and outgoing waterpipes of my Central Heating boiler ('CV ketel' in Dutch). When both temperatures are above 30 degrees, an ESPEasy rule will switch 'PompMagAan' (a dummy device that stores the decision), and this will send Domoticz a trigger. Using Lua in Domotics I react on this trigger, do some extra checks, and finally I start the pump.

In november I will present the first part of this controller (the part that measures the 2 temperatures, and sends them to Domoticz, which directly can create nice graphs) for the OpenSource group of the Dutch computerclub HCC in de Bilt.
My guess is that the other part is too complex for such a presentation, as that part involves creating rules in ESPEasy as well as some Lua coding in Domotics.
But even without coding I will show how simple it is to create a custom-made double temperature measurement device, that can be read-out remotely over HTTP, only using ESPEasy and sending the results to Domoticz.

Shardan
Normal user

Re: Hello from NL

#2 Post by Shardan » 31 Oct 2017, 14:22

Hello Hans,

welcome aboard.

The ESPEasy Wiki has a new and still a bit empty user projects section.
Maybe you want to publish your project there too?

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan