Hello from NC

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

oibdrew
New user

Hello from NC

#1 Post by oibdrew » 19 Dec 2017, 04:06

Hello, I gave up a career that allowed me to travel and only work 6 months out of the year to be able to raise my daughter on my own. I decided to go back to school at the age of 41 and learn something new. I've always been fascinated with technology but only worked in construction type jobs. I decided that I wanted to provide a better future for my daughter and so I set off to get two degrees, Computer Programming and Electronic Engineering. I am new to Networking, Programming, and Electronics. I love to learn how to create things. I'm interested in growing my smart garden into something fun, full of data, and educational. I have sensors throughout my garden and in my beehives. My goal is to send the data into my house by being off the grid and with no internet access. I'm new to programming and Arduino so please be patient and "dumb it down" for me when I ask questions, I sometimes don't know how to explain what I need help with.

manjh
Normal user

Re: Hello from NC

#2 Post by manjh » 19 Dec 2017, 12:21

Welcome to this forum!
Be prepared to spend a lot of time here, once you get into it, it becomes addictive. :-)

Shardan
Normal user

Re: Hello from NC

#3 Post by Shardan » 19 Dec 2017, 15:39

Welcome aboard!
Regards
Shardan