Servus from Munich/Germany

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Uewel
Normal user

Re: Servus from Munich/Germany

#21 Post by Uewel » 04 Jul 2018, 22:39

@TD-er: So, I have done a quick test and it looks very promising.
To get fast results I have done the following quick&dirty test by replacing the following 5 files from the stickbreaker fork you have mentioned in the framework tree (in my case framework-arduinoespressif32@1.4.0) in my .platformio folder:
\cores\esp32\esp32-hal-i2c.c
\cores\esp32\esp32-hal-i2c.h
\cores\esp32\esp32-hal-log.h
\libraries\Wire\src\Wire.cpp
\libraries\Wire\src\Wire.h
For ESP32 no further adaptions were needed. Currently I have only a ESP32 build.

And now I can display the BME280 values in the SSD1306 display. And the values are updates correctly within the configured time. Seems to work very stable since 1h (with 20 second update time).
I will do some further tests now with an 3rd I2C device (BH1750) on the bus.

Uewel
Normal user

#22 Post by Uewel » 05 Jul 2018, 16:06

With the 3rd I2C device (BH1750) it still seems to be ok. I get reasonable values from the two sensors and they will be displayed on the OLED display.

Btw, I've observed strange behavior when deepsleep is enabled. Sometimes my ESP32 doesn't wake up properly respectively it doesn't connect to my wifi network. In this state it cannot be accessed anymore and I have erased and reprogrammed the flash. Therefore for the moment my both ESP32 boards + sensors are running without deepsleep.

An other strange effect is, that the web page for ThingSpeak controller configuration is very slow and hangs very often. But with deactived I2C devices there is not difference. So, this is probably caused by something else.

TD-er
Core team member

#23 Post by TD-er » 09 Jul 2018, 23:29

Good to hear the stickbreaker patch is working.
I have had not so much time to work on ESPeasy last few days.
One of the things taking a lot of time was changing my living room, to make a proper dev-corner for me to work on ESPeasy :)
So I hope to be able to start dev'ing again very soon.

Uewel
Normal user

#24 Post by Uewel » 14 Jul 2018, 19:33

I'm currently on holidays and have also not much time for developing. :) But my environment is still running stable (with 3 I2C devices). So, the patch seems to fix the problems (for me).