Finally got Domoticz working

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

CoolRemote
Normal user

Finally got Domoticz working

#1 Post by CoolRemote » 19 Feb 2017, 19:25

Since a little while I got a part of Domoticz (finally) working. Thanks to the other forum members and others who helped with advise. I have a test connection and wait for my new RaspBerry Pi 3 to arrive one of the next days.

As soon as I connect another PC, or reconnect something from the local network all the IP number change, including all the IP numbers from the Sonoff modules.

Is it possible to give all these seperate modules a fixed IP number to avoid this problem in the future? And if that is possible, How can this be done?

Also I would like to know if I can update with newer firmware (at the moment I am using R120 version) And if it is needed to reconnect all the modules back to the RX - TX connectors or that this can be done wireless through Wifi? Also here the question how this can be done.

paxi
Normal user

Re: Finally got Domoticz working

#2 Post by paxi » 19 Feb 2017, 19:38

You have a strange AP, usually they assign always the same IP to a given divice. Anyway, fixed IP settings are at the bottom of the config page in espeasy. Re updating click the "?" next to "firmware load" in the tools page.

toffel969
Normal user

Re: Finally got Domoticz working

#3 Post by toffel969 » 20 Feb 2017, 07:04

paxi wrote:You have a strange AP, usually they assign always the same IP to a given divice. Anyway, fixed IP settings are at the bottom of the config page in espeasy. Re updating click the "?" next to "firmware load" in the tools page.
its usually a setting in the router/AP called dhcp-lease time. however best practise seems to be:reserve ip range for iot by excluding it from dhcp. give manual ip to esp under config.i once total chaos after router update when still going dhcp all the way...
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8