EasyFetch mini Dashboard, buttons and columns

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Stef2s
Normal user

EasyFetch mini Dashboard, buttons and columns

#1 Post by Stef2s » 29 Mar 2024, 11:19

hi,
easyfetch is a very nice feature and I've it now working the way I want it, but I still have a few questions which i might need for future projects.

1. The pButtons are push buttons which are "On" as long as you press on it. I would expect the dButtons to be normal switches that would toggle between ON and Off. Am I mis interpreting this ? (btw I "solved" by adding rules, or is that the normal way to do it?)

2. The number of Columns in the dashboard should become 3 if I've 5 or more tiles. I'm not sure what all counts to "Tiles", but for this test I've : 5 normal Tiles, 5 bigValues, 2 sliders and 4 pButtons and still I get only 2 colummns, What am I doing wrong ?

cheers, Stef

bidrohini
Normal user

Re: EasyFetch mini Dashboard, buttons and columns

#2 Post by bidrohini » 29 Mar 2024, 14:15

It's not entirely clear what counts as a "tile" in your context. Would you please elaborate a bit more?

Stef2s
Normal user

#3 Post by Stef2s » 29 Mar 2024, 14:35

hello,

By a tile a mean a dummy task that's not a bigVal, Slider, pButtons, dButtons.
I assume that's the original definition from the author of EasyFetch.
In the picture below from top to bottom
- 1 dummy Task with 2 bigVal
- 1 dummy Task with 2 sliders
- 1 dummy Task with 4 pButtons
- 4 dummy Tasks with each 3 or 4 variables
so this would contain 4 tiles, giving 2 columns whish is correct.
but adding a 5 tile won't scale to 3 columns.
fetchEasy.png
fetchEasy.png (35.91 KiB) Viewed 273 times
cheers, Stef

chromo23
Normal user

#4 Post by chromo23 » 30 Mar 2024, 21:57

Hey Stef,
Stef2s wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 11:19 1. The pButtons are push buttons which are "On" as long as you press on it. I would expect the dButtons to be normal switches that would toggle between ON and Off. Am I mis interpreting this ? (btw I "solved" by adding rules, or is that the normal way to do it?)
You are right with you assumption regarding the nature of p- an dButtons. Each of these buttons generate an event which you can use in rules. It is always helpful to open the log tab in ESPEasy to view what kind of event is generated. But in general "value_name"+Event of if longressed "value_name"+Long
A rule would be:

Code: Select all

On value_nameEvent Do
 //do something here
Endon
Stef2s wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 11:19 2. The number of Columns in the dashboard should become 3 if I've 5 or more tiles. I'm not sure what all counts to "Tiles", but for this test I've : 5 normal Tiles, 5 bigValues, 2 sliders and 4 pButtons and still I get only 2 columns, What am I doing wrong ?
First of all as i can see from your screenshot you are probably using a mobile phone. If not in landscape and your screen width is smaller than the number of columns times their width then there will be always the two column view.
Number of tiles in this context means all but slider and bigVal. So in your case there are 8 tiles. But as also stated in my suboptimal documentation, But as also stated in my suboptimal documentation, the number of big values in a dummy task (so maximum 4) equals the number of columns and has a higher priority than the number of "normal" tiles. So if you only have two bigVals then there will be only two columns. If you want for example 3 columns you could change your bigVal dummy task to 3 values and call one of the values "noVal" to show an empty tile or a valuename with XX in it to hide the tile completely. But regardless of that your columns will always be 3.
Hope that helps. If you have more questions please feel free to ask.

I also added some undocumented features:
* custom color for sensor and big-value tiles: devicename + ? + hex color(without leading #) e.g.: "sensor?1E847C"
* when using "_" it will be displayed as space in value names
* when using "." it will be used for wordbreak in long value names (so you can decide where the name should break)
Last edited by chromo23 on 31 Mar 2024, 00:20, edited 3 times in total.

chromo23
Normal user

#5 Post by chromo23 » 30 Mar 2024, 22:00

Also maybe interesting:

long pressing the "i" in the side menu locks and unlocks the 2 columns mobile view

Edit: it seems that i never integrated this image in the documentation.
Have a look at it: viewtopic.php?p=64178#p64178

Stef2s
Normal user

#6 Post by Stef2s » 31 Mar 2024, 21:17

thanks very much chromo23.