Blue light keeps on

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

dodge
New user

Blue light keeps on

#1 Post by dodge » 30 Dec 2015, 22:03

hello,

yesterday evening I installed the ESP-easy software successful on my esp8266. I tried to connect this to my rflink/arduino

this worked successfully for about half an our. But there was also a bug into the rflink. While testing this all suddenly the blue light is on all the time.
I tried to upload the software new this works OK but after reboot the blue light goes on again and stays on. Before the esp works fine connected to the programmer I have. but now it always keeps the blue light on. And as you can guess it doesn't start. When I look into the serial monitor it keeps going on with weird language.

only when I connect it to my arduino and connect the gpio0 to ground the red light keeps out but also than it doesn't start propaply.
did I brick my esp? or is there a solution for this.

I tried looking on google but none of the solutions worked so far.

costo
Normal user

Re: Blue light keeps on

#2 Post by costo » 30 Dec 2015, 22:52

dodge wrote:hello,
. . . . . .
this worked successfully for about half an our.
. . . . . .
Looks like you do not use a controller to send your data to. ESP tries to upload data but cannot connect to a controller this results in the ConnectionFailures counter to be added by 1. Every minute ESP gets a new ConnectFailure resulting in the counter reaching 30 after about half an hour.
Then the program reboots itself.

If you uncheck the 'Send Data' box in all your device tabs (Edit and under Task Settings) then ESP will stop trying to send data to a controller and no ConnectionFailures are counted.

edit: If you do use a controller then double check if you have given the right Controller IP and Controller Port in the Main Settings tab.
Last edited by costo on 30 Dec 2015, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

dodge
New user

#3 Post by dodge » 30 Dec 2015, 22:52

it's even more strange I downloaded esp8266flasher and after I flashed with that the esp works fine again.
When I then again program the espeasy with arduino ide like I did before. the blue light goes on again.
I have the feeling that he remembers some settings and that this is causing the problem.
I also tried to upload an older version of espeasy same result

How can I solve this?

better question. How can erase settings I made before in the device tab he remembers them somehow even that I put other software in.

costo
Normal user

#4 Post by costo » 30 Dec 2015, 23:12

Blue or Red leds on the ESP board are not very helpfull, they vary from board to board

You best look into the monitor screen to see what errormessages you get.

You can use the program EraseFlash to clear all the old settings.

dodge
New user

#5 Post by dodge » 31 Dec 2015, 13:37

where can I find this program.
I found that I can do it with esp-tool but... I'm on windows and that's not so easy to get it running there.

costo
Normal user

#6 Post by costo » 31 Dec 2015, 17:07