Milight/Limitless setup for true RGB+W mixed mode

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

jirm
New user

Milight/Limitless setup for true RGB+W mixed mode

#1 Post by jirm » 17 Jan 2017, 11:50

Good day to all.

Firts all say that RFLINK is a awesome product and I think is piece necessary for any reliable automation system, so many thanks to all his developers.

I start to build my home automation system (in this moment at early stages wiring all my whoole house) and now I figure what can I achieve all my goals.

I have several rgbw led strip with limitless FUT038 rgbw controllers for each strip (no wi fi bridge at that moment), but I see as per default they not provide dual white and rgb (mixed mode) and when white are shining rgb color are off, because limitless say is mutual exclusive mode (white or rgb colors but not both at same time) at least for that controller and old wi-fi bridge rgbw models.

My question is: I know RFLINK can do direct control to led RGB controllers (no wi-fi bridge needed) but I don´t know if RFLINK can skip that problem and can power up white and rgb colors at same time with that controllers.

My automation softw. controller is not defined yet but surely reely on (or maybe two of them) Domoticz, Home Assistant or FHEM.

Hope here some can reply my question.

Best regards

jirm
New user

Re: Milight/Limitless setup for true RGB+W mixed mode

#2 Post by jirm » 18 Jan 2017, 09:09

No one knows if rflink can work mixing (power up and dimming both at same time) white channel and rgb color channels on RGBW strip/bulbs ????

I checked all post about RFLINK related on milight and cannot see a conclusive answer to this question.

Much appreciate any advice about this.

Regards

quack3d
New user

#3 Post by quack3d » 06 Apr 2017, 19:43

I just got a Milight FUT028 myself and wonder the same thing. With the remote I can't make my LED strip show both W and RGB at the same time. I'm waiting for the NRF24L01 in the mail.

sincze
Normal user

#4 Post by sincze » 22 Apr 2017, 14:00

That would indeed be interesting to get mor vivid colours :D .
At the moment I was unable to do so.

quack3d
New user

#5 Post by quack3d » 09 Jun 2017, 20:02

I can't make it work either. :(