Trying to get Network RFlink (it worked, but not anymore ...)

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

ChrisP
New user

Trying to get Network RFlink (it worked, but not anymore ...)

#1 Post by ChrisP » 07 Oct 2017, 16:41

Hi,

I'm trying to get back remote access to my RFlink device. The device is build on a standard Mega2560, with SYN480R and SYN115 wired as stated on the wiring documentation (Pin14,15,16,19 and GND). Based on the RFLink loader software I get signal from my devices.
I used an ESP01, connected through a 3.3V/5V converter (this one: https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 53355.html)
and used ser2net with 8N1 serial setting.

Now I just get empty screen when remotely connecting to the port with telnet, with no local echo of the command sent, and no incoming messages. It worked great, but from some times it does not work anymore :(

I tried to change to another ESP01, then a nodeMCU, all using last ESP easy 2.0.dev12 version with no success.
I then try changing level shifter to the Convert3) shown on http://www.rflink.nl/blog2/wiring, still with no success.

However, if I connect with RFlink loader, the box does not answer to the 10;status; command sent by the tool, but does answer when RX0 and TX0 are not plugged to the ESP, so it looks like the serial port is detected.

I'm a bit (completly) confused about the next troubleshooting steps. Maybe the RX0/TX0 ports are broken, can I use any other pin to use serial ?
I also used a TTL USB port, connecting only RX and TX through the TTL shifter, having the RX/TX ports on the 3.3V side, but just get continuous garbage on screen.

In addition, I'm not sure, but should the Serial be activated in the advanced section of ESP Easy (in tools) ? If I want to go to MQTT instead, is it the same thing ?

Any tips, hint, voodoo dolls for me ? please help !

ChrisP
New user

Re: Trying to get Network RFlink (it worked, but not anymore ...)

#2 Post by ChrisP » 09 Oct 2017, 01:37

Well, I'm not sure what was the root cause, but finally after rewiring everything from scratch, using a NodMCU and the power from the NodeMCU Vin to the Mega2560, I have my ser2net version of RFlink up and running.