X10Secure support question

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

FearNaBoinne
New user

X10Secure support question

#1 Post by FearNaBoinne » 21 Jun 2019, 12:45

I just wanted to check whether the X10Secure support in the RFlink firmware includes the X10/Marmitek security remotes (that are used for arm/disarm/panic)?

If so, can I also SEND (as I cannot find X10Secure in the protocol reference at all) these commands?
If so, can I also simulate X10 security sensors? (I would like to simulate Marmitek door sensors using input from the Z-wave doorsensors. I already do this on my Vera Lite/RFXtrx433E combo**, but I want to phase out the Vera in favor of Domoticz, and this is one of the things still blocking that process!)

If NOT, is this something that could be added?

**) Example code for that (X10Secure ID part in raw message modified):
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-rfxcom-com:serviceId:rfxtrx1", "SendMessage", {["Message"] = "082000004D2AD60079"}, SenderID)

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

Re: X10Secure support question

#2 Post by Stuntteam » 21 Jun 2019, 13:31

I believe there is.

>If so, can I also SEND
Yes.

>If so, can I also simulate X10 security sensors?
Yes.

>If NOT, is this something that could be added?
Yes.

Note that "secure" in terms of actual security is: zero, nihil, null, void ...
When you can send/replay RF commands like with rflink and the other device you mention then you and anyone else can record and replay the RF packets and for example disarm the alarm system..
This is a known fact and weakness in the original implementation of these alarm systems.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

FearNaBoinne
New user

#3 Post by FearNaBoinne » 21 Jun 2019, 14:18

Stuntteam wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:31 I believe there is.
That would be very nice, so I guess me not seeing them as devices is a Domoticz issue then rather than an RFlink one?
Stuntteam wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:31 >If so, can I also SEND
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.
Ok, guess I will need to try and play around with Domoticz disabled (so it doesn't steal my session) to see where I can get with that!
Stuntteam wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:31 Note that "secure" in terms of actual security is: zero, nihil, null, void ...
When you can send/replay RF commands like with rflink and the other device you mention then you and anyone else can record and replay the RF packets and for example disarm the alarm system..
This is a known fact and weakness in the original implementation of these alarm systems.
Totally agreed! I already got that when I realized I could replicate the sensor and remote behavior with the RFXtrx433E on my Vera... :P
I just want to keep it going long enough to replace everything with Domoticz, and then integrate with a better, more secure alarm system. I am close to that point, but have to keep that functionality alive as I cross over to Domoticz to keep the WAF high!

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#4 Post by Stuntteam » 21 Jun 2019, 16:50

FearNaBoinne wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 14:18
Stuntteam wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:31 I believe there is.
That would be very nice, so I guess me not seeing them as devices is a Domoticz issue then rather than an RFlink one?
Stuntteam wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:31 >If so, can I also SEND
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.
Ok, guess I will need to try and play around with Domoticz disabled (so it doesn't steal my session) to see where I can get with that!
You can mail logs to frankzirrone@gmail.com for help..
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8