Manage RFLink while on Domoticz

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

cybermaus
Normal user

Manage RFLink while on Domoticz

#1 Post by cybermaus » 03 Oct 2020, 21:35

Hello

one of my Somfy plugs has lost connection with RFLink. I suspect due to a bad antenna it missed a few commands, and is now past the allowed window of rolling codes.
I had that before. just set the rolling code for that device in RFLink back with 50, 100, 150, or similar, and with one of them it will.

But that means I have to stop the RasPi, disconnect, connect it to a PC, etc.
Not the end of the world, but a nuisance. I should be able to do that without leaving my desk.

Is it not possible to send RFLink commands, and read responses, directly on my Domoticz/RaspPi, either through Domotizs itself, or by setting a terminal on a tty device?

Thanks for any tips.

cybermaus
Normal user

Re: Manage RFLink while on Domoticz

#2 Post by cybermaus » 04 Oct 2020, 09:38

I mean, it seems obvious to be device /dev/ttyACM0

And when I connect to it (used cu, screen and minicom) I once out of the blue got a 10;PONG;
so it is working, I clearly intercepted a ping response from domoticz
I tried both with and without disabling RFLINK hardware in domoticz.

But whatever command I send, it is not responding.
I somehow need to add a prefix/suffix/crc to my commands to make RFLINK pick them up.

cybermaus
Normal user

Re: Manage RFLink while on Domoticz

#3 Post by cybermaus » 05 Oct 2020, 08:42

Ok, I got some random success by using RealTerm on windows, into a ser2net pipe to the /dev/ttyACM. I also used this to *try* and sniff the original RFLINK upload tool.
I was able to send short messages (10;PING), but longer messages and longer replies broke up. I suspect that:
- Commands have to be terminated with CRLF, rather then only LF, or they are ignored.
- There is no proper receive buffering/re-segmentation, so commands have to arrive in one go, without pauses caused by human slow typing or packet fragmentation
- Maybe DTR/DSR and RTS/CTS flow control is important?
- Despite sniffing, I could not observe how the original tool ID's the board. Also DTR/DSR and RTS/CTS and baud rate magic?

Anyway, I am giving up, I will remove the RFLINK and hook it directly.
Should someone be able to clear this up, many thanks
And I wonder if this should not simply be a Domoticz feature: Manual command console o the hardware.