RFlink Rxx beta

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

noxx
Normal user

RFlink Rxx beta

#1 Post by noxx » 25 Mar 2021, 11:00

hello

where can i find a beta version of rflink?

regard

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

Re: RFlink Rxx beta

#2 Post by Stuntteam » 25 Mar 2021, 12:53

Beta/test versions are only supplied to people who have reported an issue and that need to test the fixes applied to the code.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

robbinjanssen
New user

#3 Post by robbinjanssen » 29 Mar 2021, 09:26

Hi @stuntteam, I'm curious as of how your development flow works. Is there any update other then "We are currently doing final testing of various new device implementations"?
What part of the process is taking most of the time and how can we as a community help you? Do you have an expected release date maybe? Are we talking days, weeks or months? :-)

Edit: after re-reading my post I want to make clear i’m not trying to be annoying or a pain in the ... Just trying to understand how you guys work and see if we as a community can do our part :-)

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#4 Post by Stuntteam » 30 Mar 2021, 00:20

The main delay is waiting for people to report back if implemented changes are working or not..
In some cases I do not hear back at all which means I have to roll back.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

robbinjanssen
New user

#5 Post by robbinjanssen » 31 Mar 2021, 14:33

So is there anything we can do to help? :-)

A few ideas:
- Keep track of a public list of devices that need testing, maybe someone else can test that specific device?
- Set a hard deadline. Any users who have not responded to the test request has to wait for a next release?

I think setting a deadline forces people who want support of their device(s) to actively test the implementation, and if they don't respond they probably don't care anymore. By doing this you can plan a release, be transparent (Harsh, but fair) to the public and maybe release more frequently?

Anyways thanks for all the time you are investing in this project. Really appreciate it and again, if there's anything the community can do please let us know. I think there are lots of people who want to help but don't know how.

jimmy.jaumotte
New user

#6 Post by jimmy.jaumotte » 31 Mar 2021, 22:21

Hi,

I'm a user of RFLink (433Mhz devices) since long month with Domoticz.

Since last week-end I created another RFLink devices for 868 Mhz (especially for X2D devices).
I saw some issues with my devices but I saw that the R49 is in progress and must solve a lot of issues.

I can do some tests with these devices (868Mhz) : Tydom 350PC, Deltia 8.33, Deltal Alarm, DeltaDore Remote and power command
How can I download the firmware R49 to do some test ?

I will be happy to help this project.

Regards.

Jimmy

padrino
Normal user

#7 Post by padrino » 07 Apr 2021, 18:14

Stuntteam wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 12:53 Beta/test versions are only supplied to people who have reported an issue and that need to test the fixes applied to the code.
Does this mean the other way arround, that if I sent you data and got no answer, the topic/device was not adressed (because I was not asked to test)? =)

robbinjanssen
New user

#8 Post by robbinjanssen » 02 Jun 2021, 11:03

padrino wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 18:14 Does this mean the other way arround, that if I sent you data and got no answer, the topic/device was not adressed (because I was not asked to test)? =)
I'm looking for the same answer. Does anyone know if we are any closer to a release?
Latest news on the website says "Final testing" 3 months ago.

robbinjanssen
New user

#9 Post by robbinjanssen » 05 Jul 2021, 10:23

Hi @stuntteam, let me try again, respectfully:

Can you tell us when R49 will be released, and which devices _will_ be supported? I've emailed several times with questions if my debug data is enough etc. but never got any response after initial contact.
I understand you guys are busy, that's cool, but shutting down communication is one of the worst things you can do when you have users who are vendor-locked-in to your software.

Again; how can we as users help to improve software development? Since you no longer want this software open-source, maybe open a github repository where you can track all devices that need to be implemented and where users can post debug logs?
This way you reduce duplicate requests, users know if their debug data is sufficient, you can add version labels to the issues etc.

jimmy.jaumotte
New user

#10 Post by jimmy.jaumotte » 16 Jun 2022, 13:54

Hi all,

Do we have some news about the version R49 ?
I already wait to use the 868 version :-)

Regards

Jimmy

Ton_vN
Normal user

#11 Post by Ton_vN » 13 Jul 2022, 22:50

Sometimes just have to wait till 'nature' is offering the proper test-conditions with you in vicinity & able to test.
That may take significant time, causing late reactions:
see the run-up to this reaction on test-version v49.4