Ser2Net

About receivers, transmitters, transceivers, connections, antennas etc.

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

BertB
Normal user

Ser2Net

#1 Post by BertB » 19 Jul 2016, 13:42

My RFLink processor is now connected via USB with a RPI3. Because RFLink is not placed in the most optimal place, I would like to move it to a more suitable location and connect it via an ESPEasy with ser2net. How can I connect the Domoticz on the RPI with the remote RFLink?

Martinus

Re: Ser2Net

#2 Post by Martinus » 19 Jul 2016, 18:15

BertB wrote:My RFLink processor is now connected via USB with a RPI3. Because RFLink is not placed in the most optimal place, I would like to move it to a more suitable location and connect it via an ESPEasy with ser2net. How can I connect the Domoticz on the RPI with the remote RFLink?
Please remember that if you click the ? next to Serial Server in ESP, you will get a page mentioning "preliminary development". The first version was minimally tested and seems quite unstable (just found out based on feedback from John who is testing OTGW and P1 boards). I do not use this plugin so there's a huge lack of experience from my side.

I don't know if this plugin has many users but i doubt that if it is unstable.

John is testing a more recent version (R110) that has a small improvement in connection handling. Seems better but still experimental stage.

So if you make the change with RFLink, you could be candidate for unpleasant surprises :oops:

BertB
Normal user

#3 Post by BertB » 19 Jul 2016, 19:19

Thanks for the warming. :D

rtenklooster
Normal user

#4 Post by rtenklooster » 19 Jul 2016, 23:44

I have tried it on my opentherm gateway and the rflink.
For some reason its having problems to be stable indeed. after some time it's not connected anymore, you have to manually connect it again.
For now my good old rpi with remserial is providing the stability i need.

I will test it again some time, as soon as there are some changes i will give it a try and let you know if it's gotten more stable.
Richard - Groningen (NL) - Image

BertB
Normal user

#5 Post by BertB » 19 Jul 2016, 23:59

Thanks. I appreciate that.

enc
New user

#6 Post by enc » 08 Nov 2016, 21:35

I just published simple ESP8266 based bridge between RFLink and MQTT - I'm testing it with OpenHab.
https://github.com/enc-X/mqtt-rflink-bridge