Where to find detailed / better wiring and hardware information?
Posted: 26 Sep 2016, 15:26
On the site I can only find below picture. This image lacks certain information, like the things below:
- The Aurel transceiver has a separate pin for switching between Rx and Tx mode. I don't see it back in the image.
- What about 3V transmitters like STX882? It needs 3V power supply, which is something different than 3.3V logic level but power is supplied to the RF modules directly from an Arduino pin (5V in this case).
- Many receivers/transceivers have a low power sleep mode. Why is that functionality not used but is the power to the RF modules switched instead?
- Why is power supply to the RF modules provided directly from an IO port of the Arduino Mega. Is that sufficient for every (future) RF module? Why not switch it via a transistor/FET or like? (RF modules can have power-on current usage spikes. It is therefore less wise to power them directly from an IO port).
- Where is the information for 2.4Ghz RF modules (e.g. NRF24L01) in the wiring scheme?
- Where is the information for 868MHz RF modules in the wiring scheme?
- The Aurel tranceiver uses a single antenna. I expect that this is possible because it is either sending or receiving. How about other, separate, Transmitter and Receiver modules, would it be possible to have them share a single ('real') antenna just like the Aurel tranceiver?