Cheap EV1527 Learning Garage Door Remote - How to code it?

About receivers, transmitters, transceivers, connections, antennas etc.

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

nornode
New user

Cheap EV1527 Learning Garage Door Remote - How to code it?

#1 Post by nornode » 02 Feb 2017, 22:25

Hello,

This is my first post so please move if it's not the right place.

I recently bought and soldered together the RFlink and it works like a breeze it just flies with all my AC type switches (and even some of my neighbour temp sensors). :)
It works exactly expected and needed another remote control so I bought one on Aliexpress that should be supported (EV1527 chip)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-1pc ... 33888.html

Before I reset the remote I managed to receive one switch into Domoticz. (The remote was working)
I reset all buttons (By holding two of them together for a few seconds) and I can no longer receive any signal values in Domoticz.
Now I managed to create a new EV1527 switch with the following sequence "20;07;EV1527;ID=029d69;SWITCH=04;CMD=ON" in "Create RFlink device" under Hardware.
It looks like I can send that signal from within Domoticz - But is it the right one for this remote control?.

I'm not really sure how accurate the manual is on how to code the remote says exactly: (Many errors)
Copying: place the product correctly before copying. Place the original remote control and copying remote control on the desk. Use right hand to press the copying remote control until LED is on - off. indicating it enters copying status. Use left hand to press the key of original remote control. The fast clicking of remote control indicates success in copying. The copying method is the same for several keys.
The on - off part is no longer than a few milliseconds and there are no apparent signal that the remote entered copying status.
I have tried to keep the remote next to RFlink and "click the orignal remote" (in Domotics) but I don't seem to manage to copy the code to the remote.

My question is am I doing this right? Is the code right, and Is this how the remote is supposed to be coded?
What am I doing wrong here? :?

Many thanks for your input and for sharing your experience.

data
Normal user

Re: Cheap EV1527 Learning Garage Door Remote - How to code it?

#2 Post by data » 02 Feb 2017, 23:11

First, wipe the programming (by pressing both buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds).
Pressing a single button will then just flash the led for a fraction of a second, which means it is not programmed.

To clone/programm, press a button on the remote and keep it pressed. Then, start transmitting the desired code.
Place the remote control close to the transmitter.
As soon as your remote control picks up the signal, the led starts to flash.
Then you can just release the button and start using it.

Repeat this for each button.

If this fails, it might be that you have not been sending the code for long enough.
In case you have a different working remote, try to clone this one first to see how long it takes usually to clone a button.

Besides EV1527 you can use a number other protocols as well.

nornode
New user

Re: Cheap EV1527 Learning Garage Door Remote - How to code it?

#3 Post by nornode » 04 Feb 2017, 23:30

Thank you for your confirmation!

Yes, I got it to work after a lot of patience! ;)
testing and re-testing and rather re-pushing the button you want to program helps better than waiting more than 2-3 min...

Keeping ot close to the RFlink antenna and keep pushing the switch (set to on button) and I got it to work!
Thanks for your help!

I also managed to use the buttons to toggle groups in Domoticz nicely together with Node-Red.
So there is nothing that stops me from getting a few more of these.. :)