Domoticz Milight Touch Remote using RFLink

About receivers, transmitters, transceivers, connections, antennas etc.

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

killerfreek
New user

Domoticz Milight Touch Remote using RFLink

#1 Post by killerfreek » 26 Feb 2017, 14:19

Hi,

Milight touch remote (the one with the four zones at the bottom and a colour wheel change) is recognised by Domoticz using RF Link Gateway. However, the dim and colour values aren't. In RFLink debug I can see the signal is being received okay with the four digit Milight RGBW value (two digits for colour and two for dim), but in Domoticz, the svalue doesn't correspond to this value at all. When I look at Svalues for a particular Milight zone and change the dim level using the remote, it is all over the place, as though Domoticz is not translating the four digits to colour and dim level.

To get these working would be great, since they are so cheap and I want to use them as cheap wall dimmers for each room. I have lots of Hue bulbs and Milights, so to have a simple hardware control would make life easier (using apps is a pain). However, unless I can actually read the correct dim levels then I am stuck.

Any ideas?

NietGiftig
Normal user

Re: Domoticz Milight Touch Remote using RFLink

#2 Post by NietGiftig » 26 Feb 2017, 20:31

the svalue doesn't correspond to this value at all
You are not alone
I have been looking at that for some time.
Could not find a solution, something has to change in Domoticz.
But the developer(s) of Domoticz do not have great interest or time in this kind of use of color switches. :(
Waiting till somebody develops something for a decent RGBW/HUE/Brightnes json/mqtt transfer in the new python plugin system.
I'm partly using MQTT from domoticz to Node-Red for switching with hardcoded values, but the svalues from Domoticz do not transfer RGBW/hue/brightness values.

If you find something please post here

killerfreek
New user

Re: Domoticz Milight Touch Remote using RFLink

#3 Post by killerfreek » 26 Feb 2017, 22:47

I'm sure there must be a solution out there, since it is so easy ton figure out in theory. I'm guessing the rflink guys might be able to do something or at least I'm hoping.

I'll post back if I find anything beforehand :D