Aurel RTX

About receivers, transmitters, transceivers, connections, antennas etc.

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

SteveG
New user

Aurel RTX

#1 Post by SteveG » 12 Aug 2017, 00:23

I recently bought an official RFLink board and Aurel transceiver from the Nodo shop in the hopes of getting to grips with a some remote sockets I have and controlling them from Home Assistant. I had previously been using a cheap RXB6 set and jumper wire and had limited success. Disappointingly I had worse results with the Aurel than with the cheap set. After a lot of digging I have got to the bottom of this but in doing so turned up a problem with the Aurel that I can't find mentioned anywhere. The attached pic shows two traces from receiver data outputs, the top is the Aurel and the bottom the RXB6. This protocol has a wierd double sync (which is what I think was causing the problem with recognition) the times of which are 0.5ms ON, 12ms OFF, 8ms ON, 4.5ms OFF, then 32 data bits. The trouble is after 7ms of OFF signal there is a burst of noise for 5ms from the Aurel receiver which the RXB6 isn't giving. After a lot of testing I was pretty sure that the noise was being generated in the Aurel receiver and after reading the data sheet (should have done this first) it appears that the AGC in this module turns off after 7ms of no signal !! This would appear to make this module unsuitable for detecting this protocol and others like it. Now I'm the first to admit radio is a black art to me so I'd be happy to be shown to be wrong here, and that I've missed something. Can anybody point out the error of my ways or confirm my view ?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.57 KiB) Viewed 3370 times