ESP Easy Mega

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Forum rules
You have entered the experimental forum, beware!!!
Dylantje
Normal user

Re: ESP Easy Mega

#201 Post by Dylantje » 17 Jun 2017, 10:18

mmm
Do you have a link for me to the other software?
So i can check my boards...
Perhaps i can see with the other software of my boards ar still working..

the cosmic gate
Normal user

#202 Post by the cosmic gate » 23 Jul 2017, 22:34

running de dev11 at the moment, but when i use de p1 gateway "device" and check the Json output , it tell's me :

Code: Select all

{"System":{
"Build": 20000,
"Unit": 24,
"Uptime": 4,
"Free RAM": 21320
},
"Sensors":[
{
"TaskName": "Slimme meter"
}
]}
And i think that's not okau , there must be some characters / numbers displayed under the : TaskName: "Slimme meter

Or did a think wrong ?

S1eepy
New user

#203 Post by S1eepy » 07 Aug 2017, 21:55

Hi, I am able to flash correctly on Wemos board, I can see in the serial log that the boards connect to my wifi after doing configuration (I can even see DCHP address), however I am no longer able to configure the device, and not able to ping it. Seems strange. It worked on one board only (Wemos D1 mini).

INIT : Booting version: v2.0.0-dev11
INIT : Warm boot #2
FS   : Mounting...
FS   : Mount successful, used 72288 bytes of 113201
INIT : Free RAM:26360
INIT : I2C
INIT : SPI not enabled
WIFI : AP Mode disabled
WIFI : AP Mode ssid will be ESP_Easy_0 with address 192.168.4.1
WIFI : Connecting myWifiAP attempt #1
WIFI : Connected! IP: 192.168.0.29 (ESP_Easy_0)
 be ESP_Easy_0 with address 192.168.4.1
WD   : Uptime 0 ConnectFailures 0 FreeMem 23088
arm boot #2

grovkillen
Core team member

#204 Post by grovkillen » 07 Aug 2017, 22:38

S1eepy wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 21:55 Hi, I am able to flash correctly on Wemos board, I can see in the serial log that the boards connect to my wifi after doing configuration (I can even see DCHP address), however I am no longer able to configure the device, and not able to ping it. Seems strange. It worked on one board only (Wemos D1 mini).

INIT : Booting version: v2.0.0-dev11
INIT : Warm boot #2
INIT : Free RAM:26360
INIT : I2C
INIT : SPI not enabled
WIFI : AP Mode disabled
WIFI : AP Mode ssid will be ESP_Easy_0 with address 192.168.4.1
WIFI : Connected! IP: 192.168.0.29 (ESP_Easy_0)
 be ESP_Easy_0 with address 192.168.4.1
WD   : Uptime 0 ConnectFailures 0 FreeMem 23088
arm boot #2
Have you upgraded from previous version or is it a fresh flash?
If you disable some devices/SD card, does it respond?
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

S1eepy
New user

#205 Post by S1eepy » 10 Aug 2017, 13:50

Actually it's both. I tried both on Wemos D1 Pro fresh install & also on Wemos D1 mini upgrade from ESPEasy V1.
I also tried to erase flash using a 1024 binary lying around. Maybe if you have some way to really clean the flash, I should try this first.

the strange thing is that sometimes after install, first boot is fine, I select Wifi AP & enter password, device reboots I assume, DHCP works, it moved to config screen.
However, after another reboot, nothing is displayed on the HTTP. I can check IP address assigned on my DHCP router & also in the Wemos logs, but I cannot ping the device, nor does it send HTTP data thru browser.

manjh
Normal user

#206 Post by manjh » 14 Aug 2017, 17:28

I have a simple question for which I'm sure there must be a page in the Wiki or a post in the forum.
For a new ESP sensor I am planning to include a DHT22 with a SenseAir S8.
I think I will need to compile a special version, since I can't see the S8 in the dropdown of the precompiled version (148).

So I downloaded the ESP Mega version from the Githum, and tried to compile.
But whatever I try, it always complains about "Error compiling for board NodeMCU".

What am I overlooking here? I've searched the Wiki already... :-(

LisaM
Normal user

#207 Post by LisaM » 14 Aug 2017, 18:01

manjh wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 17:28 I have a simple question for which I'm sure there must be a page in the Wiki or a post in the forum.
I think I will need to compile a special version, since I can't see the S8 in the dropdown of the precompiled version (148).

But whatever I try, it always complains about "Error compiling for board NodeMCU".

Switch on extended output during compiling...

manjh
Normal user

#208 Post by manjh » 14 Aug 2017, 19:56

LisaM wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 18:01
manjh wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 17:28 I have a simple question for which I'm sure there must be a page in the Wiki or a post in the forum.

Switch on extended output during compiling...
Weird... I switched extended output on, and now it compiles!
Oh well.
Next problem: I still don't see P52 in the dropdown. Should I enable this plugin somewhere beforer compile??

manjh
Normal user

#209 Post by manjh » 14 Aug 2017, 20:24

OK, got it. Went into the source of P52 and changed the ifdef to "normal". Now it compiles and I see the Senseair in the dropdown.
Looking forward to putting the HW together and start testing!

grovkillen
Core team member

#210 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 08:53

manjh wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 20:24 OK, got it. Went into the source of P52 and changed the ifdef to "normal". Now it compiles and I see the Senseair in the dropdown.
The plugin for Senseair should be included in the normal build as it is merged now (#428). But you'll have to compile it yourself (like you already did).

Please inform me if you find anything unclear with the S8 wiki-page!

manjh
Normal user

#211 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 12:45

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 08:53
manjh wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 20:24 OK, got it. Went into the source of P52 and changed the ifdef to "normal". Now it compiles and I see the Senseair in the dropdown.
The plugin for Senseair should be included in the normal build as it is merged now (#428). But you'll have to compile it yourself (like you already did).

I recompiled with B148, had to enable the plugin (ifdef in the plugin source).
Now I have the SenseAir plugin active in my ESP node, along with a DHT22.
The values of the DHT22 show up nicely in Domoticz, but the ppm value of the S8 shows zero in Domoticz, but I can see values in the sensor.
I double-checked the idx (of course). No luck.
The icon on Domoticz does show a correct timestamp after the "Last seen" text, so this suggests that a zero value is coming in from the sensor.
Should I use some sort of formula in the device settings?

Edit: I originally set up the sensor in Domoticz as "Air quality".
For test purposes I have tried a "custom sensor", changed the idx in the ESP, and now the correct value shows up! Dow this make sense to anyone?
At least I now know my HW setup is working properly, and the problem is most likely in getting Domoticz to understand what the sensor is sending...

grovkillen
Core team member

#212 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 14:18

manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 12:45 Edit: I originally set up the sensor in Domoticz as "Air quality".
For test purposes I have tried a "custom sensor", changed the idx in the ESP, and now the correct value shows up! Dow this make sense to anyone?
At least I now know my HW setup is working properly, and the problem is most likely in getting Domoticz to understand what the sensor is sending...
My guess is that the json message is not correct with the way Domoticz expects it?

manjh
Normal user

#213 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 15:38

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 14:18
manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 12:45 Edit: I originally set up the sensor in Domoticz as "Air quality".
My guess is that the json message is not correct with the way Domoticz expects it?
May be. But I thought the plugin has come out of the experimental phase, and is now merged with the stable code.
If your suggestion is true does this mean there is a bug?

grovkillen
Core team member

#214 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 15:41

manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:38 If your suggestion is true does this mean there is a bug?
What code did you compile your version from? Since it is now merged as a "normal" plugin and you said you changed this manually it suggests to me that you do not have the latest GitHub code?

manjh
Normal user

#215 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 15:42

The Wiki page is good, but there is always room for improvement.
From the schematics it is not entirely clear which GPIO's you use in the demo build. Especially when someone tries to build using another formfactor ESP unit. A "formal" electronics schematic would be good.
Also, the "devices" page does not correspond with the current build, I suspect it is from the ESP-Mega version. Not a problem, but perhaps adding a few words to that would help.
Last: a screenshot from the Domoticz side would be nice.

I realize this is nit-picking, but since you asked... :-)

grovkillen
Core team member

#216 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 15:45

manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:42

From the schematics it is not entirely clear which GPIO's you use in the demo build. Especially when someone tries to build using another formfactor ESP unit. A "formal" electronics schematic would be good.
Also, the "devices" page does not correspond with the current build, I suspect it is from the ESP-Mega version. Not a problem, but perhaps adding a few words to that would help.

I asked and yes you are right! :) The schematics is not my best area so that we need to have Shardan lay his hands on. The screenshot will for sure be updated and the Domoticz screenshot is your area since I don't use any controller ;)

manjh
Normal user

#217 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 15:48

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:41
manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:38 If your suggestion is true does this mean there is a bug?
What code did you compile your version from? Since it is now merged as a "normal" plugin and you said you changed this manually it suggests to me that you do not have the latest GitHub code?
I pulled the "master" branch from Github. I tried to compile "as is", but then did not see the SenseAir plugin in the dropdown. So I looked in the source of the plugin and found an ifdef that did not resolve.
Changed that into "#ifdef PLUGIN_111" and inserted "#ifdef PLUGIN_111" on the main page. This way I made minimal changes to the source and still got the plugin to compile.
One thing I did notice:
#define PLUGIN_NAME_111 "SenseAir CO2 Sensor [DEVELOPMENT]"

manjh
Normal user

#218 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 15:50

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:45
manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:42

I asked and yes you are right! :) The schematics is not my best area so that we need to have Shardan lay his hands on. The screenshot will for sure be updated and the Domoticz screenshot is your area since I don't use any controller ;)
OK. Once I have everything sorted out, I'll have a go at the page (if you don't mind).

grovkillen
Core team member

#219 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 15:58

manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:50 OK. Once I have everything sorted out, I'll have a go at the page (if you don't mind).
I don't mind! :)

Regarding the plugin, P052 is the plugin for Senseair... P111 is the playground plugin which is no longer active... So you need to pull the MEGA branch. Sorry 'bout that.

PS. I added a small wiring text which should be included in all plugins as well (but it should be accompanied with a "real" schematics).

manjh
Normal user

#220 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 17:45

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:58
manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 15:50 OK. Once I have everything sorted out, I'll have a go at the page (if you don't mind).
I don't mind! :)

Regarding the plugin, P052 is the plugin for Senseair... P111 is the playground plugin which is no longer active... So you need to pull the MEGA branch. Sorry 'bout that.

PS. I added a small wiring text which should be included in all plugins as well (but it should be accompanied with a "real" schematics).
OK, so I'll have to go back and put all settings in again, since a move to 2.0 will reset everything. I'll have to wait and get some courage. I just put in a third sensor: BHT1750.
This single ESP module can now measure CO2, temp, humidity and lux. That's about all, I would think. I think I have a UV sensor lying around somewhere, but what's the point putting that on a sensor that typically will move around the house to measure air condition... :-)

grovkillen
Core team member

#221 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 17:52

Sorry about that but it's pretty fast to just screenshot the settings and re-enter them once flashed. :)

manjh
Normal user

#222 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 18:26

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:52 Sorry about that but it's pretty fast to just screenshot the settings and re-enter them once flashed. :)
Yes, but scribbling them down was not much of a problem. In these high-tech days we sometimes underestimate the power of pen-and-paper.... :shock:
Anyway, I loaded the Mega version and re-specified the three sensors, and the unit is now up and running again without any problem.

Leaves me with the question why the p52 plugin is still in status "test"? I had to change the ifdef to get it included.

grovkillen
Core team member

#223 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 20:25

manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 18:26
grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:52 Sorry about that but it's pretty fast to just screenshot the settings and re-enter them once flashed. :)
Yes, but scribbling them down was not much of a problem. In these high-tech days we sometimes underestimate the power of pen-and-paper.... :shock:
Anyway, I loaded the Mega version and re-specified the three sensors, and the unit is now up and running again without any problem.

Leaves me with the question why the p52 plugin is still in status "test"? I had to change the ifdef to get it included.
It shouldn't be in test, latest code:

https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEas ... nseAir.ino

manjh
Normal user

#224 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 20:56

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 20:25
manjh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 18:26

It shouldn't be in test, latest code:

https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEas ... nseAir.ino
I'll have to try that. I compiled the Mega version, and it works. Except it still does not communicate with Domoticz when I define as "air quality". Works OK as custom device.
Another thing: in the Wiki text it is mentioned to use 47 Ohm resistors as precaution. But the pictures show straight wires, no resistors as far as I can see.
And when I look in the code, the resistors are suddenly 1K!
Which one is correct? zero, 47, or 1000 Ohms?

grovkillen
Core team member

#225 Post by grovkillen » 15 Aug 2017, 21:36

47ohms is the correct one, but I never use that, just straight wires.

manjh
Normal user

#226 Post by manjh » 15 Aug 2017, 23:15

grovkillen wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:36 47ohms is the correct one, but I never use that, just straight wires.
OK, so what i the risk? Why do you mention them?

BTW, this S8 device is amazing, when you think about what it does. A laboratory in a very small box.

grovkillen
Core team member

#227 Post by grovkillen » 16 Aug 2017, 06:14

Yes it's great! 😁

The resistor is mentioned in the official documentation so I added it to the wiki. I might remove it or explain it further.

manjh
Normal user

#228 Post by manjh » 16 Aug 2017, 11:10

grovkillen wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 06:14 Yes it's great! 😁

The resistor is mentioned in the official documentation so I added it to the wiki. I might remove it or explain it further.
Sensor is made in Sweden... are you in any way connected?

grovkillen
Core team member

#229 Post by grovkillen » 16 Aug 2017, 11:22

Yes I work for Senseair as a Standards Engineer. :geek:

manjh
Normal user

#230 Post by manjh » 16 Aug 2017, 12:30

grovkillen wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:22 Yes I work for Senseair as a Standards Engineer. :geek:
Ah.... good for you, sounds like a very interesting company to work for!

grovkillen
Core team member

#231 Post by grovkillen » 16 Aug 2017, 12:33

manjh wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 12:30
grovkillen wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:22 Yes I work for Senseair as a Standards Engineer. :geek:
It is and Senseair is really impressed with the ESP Easy initiative. Thanks to the developers a "noob" can get a S8 sensor up and running (reporting to the rest of the world) in less than an hour!

manjh
Normal user

#232 Post by manjh » 16 Aug 2017, 13:19

grovkillen wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 12:33
It is and Senseair is really impressed with the ESP Easy initiative. Thanks to the developers a "noob" can get a S8 sensor up and running (reporting to the rest of the world) in less than an hour!
I agree. Setting it up on a breadboard is really simple. I spent most of the time figuring out why it would not report into the Air Quality device in Domoticz, but that is hardly a SenseAir problem.
As for the "noob"? I don't qualify. I have worked for Big Blue for many years in several technical and managerial positions. That is probably why I have a nack of finding bugs.....

Speaking of one. I read in several places that the S8 has a power-sensitive limit of 5.2V, above which the unit (lamp?) will almost certainly die.
Do you know why the designers have not added a simple safety in there? I think a zener would do the job. On an industrial scale it cannot cost much more than a few cents, and compared to the total price of this sensor I would not hesitate. :)

grovkillen
Core team member

#233 Post by grovkillen » 16 Aug 2017, 13:25

manjh wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 13:19
I agree. Setting it up on a breadboard is really simple. I spent most of the time figuring out why it would not report into the Air Quality device in Domoticz, but that is hardly a SenseAir problem.
As for the "noob"? I don't qualify. I have worked for Big Blue for many years in several technical and managerial positions. That is probably why I have a nack of finding bugs.....

Speaking of one. I read in several places that the S8 has a power-sensitive limit of 5.2V, above which the unit (lamp?) will almost certainly die.
Do you know why the designers have not added a simple safety in there? I think a zener would do the job. On an industrial scale it cannot cost much more than a few cents, and compared to the total price of this sensor I would not hesitate. :)
:) Observe that I used the term "noob" in general not you in particular! :)

Regarding the 5.2V limit, I will forward this to the electro-engineers! Thanks for the feedback. :!:

manjh
Normal user

#234 Post by manjh » 16 Aug 2017, 15:53

grovkillen wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 13:25 :) Observe that I used the term "noob" in general not you in particular! :)

Regarding the 5.2V limit, I will forward this to the electro-engineers! Thanks for the feedback. :!:
No problem, I did not mean it that way.
As for the Zener: good luck... consider it a small insurance premium. And it would also remove those nasty warning signs.

Domosapiens
Normal user

#235 Post by Domosapiens » 17 Aug 2017, 17:10

@grovkillen
will forward this to the electro-engineers!
And what about a Wemos Shield ?
Instead of this

And thanks for all your wiki contributions
(Shardan too!)
30+ ESP units for production and test. Ranging from control of heating equipment, flow sensing, floor temp sensing, energy calculation, floor thermostat, water usage, to an interactive "fun box" for my grandson. Mainly Wemos D1.

Shardan
Normal user

#236 Post by Shardan » 18 Aug 2017, 00:04

There is an empty WeMOS PCB you may use for these circuits.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Proto-S ... 74144.html
Regards
Shardan

grovkillen
Core team member

#237 Post by grovkillen » 18 Aug 2017, 07:19

Domosapiens wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 17:10 @grovkillen
will forward this to the electro-engineers!
And what about a Wemos Shield ?
Instead of this

And thanks for all your wiki contributions
(Shardan too!)
Thank you for the feedback! :)

Regarding the non-shield guide I did it mainly for it's compact design and easy to follow (the wires) for a new user. But we might have to create an "official" shield :)

manjh
Normal user

#238 Post by manjh » 18 Aug 2017, 09:48

I don't think there is an "official" shield. And as soon as we choose one, some clever Chinese developer will come up with an even better one... :)

Domosapiens
Normal user

#239 Post by Domosapiens » 18 Aug 2017, 10:35

empty WeMOS PCB
Thanks Shardan, on order now. :)
30+ ESP units for production and test. Ranging from control of heating equipment, flow sensing, floor temp sensing, energy calculation, floor thermostat, water usage, to an interactive "fun box" for my grandson. Mainly Wemos D1.

grovkillen
Core team member

#240 Post by grovkillen » 21 Aug 2017, 13:32

I talked to the electro-engineers regarding the protection of the sensor. They responded that since this is an OEM product the protection should be on the overall system level, at least that was what the original idea was. New product will most likely end up with more end users (with the ever growing popularity of ESP Easy etc.) so we'll consider adding onboard protection.

manjh
Normal user

#241 Post by manjh » 21 Aug 2017, 15:58

grovkillen wrote: 21 Aug 2017, 13:32

I talked to the electro-engineers regarding the protection of the sensor. They responded that since this is an OEM product the protection should be on the overall system level, at least that was what the original idea was. New product will most likely end up with more end users (with the ever growing popularity of ESP Easy etc.) so we'll consider adding onboard protection.
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!

ewaldharmsen
Normal user

#242 Post by ewaldharmsen » 08 Jan 2018, 18:14

I just installed esp easy mega latest version instead of 148.

Upgrading failed: after the upgrade the device was not connected to the wifi anymore, and not sending its own.
I reflashed it, than it worked.

1 question: is there anything changed in rules? I am curious wheter nested commands now work.

manjh
Normal user

#243 Post by manjh » 08 Jan 2018, 19:02

ewaldharmsen wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 18:14 I just installed esp easy mega latest version instead of 148.

Upgrading failed: after the upgrade the device was not connected to the wifi anymore, and not sending its own.
I reflashed it, than it worked.

1 question: is there anything changed in rules? I am curious wheter nested commands now work.
I think that when upgrading to this level, you should be prepared to re-install all settings. Anything that still works after the upgrade is lucky.
Also, I know that the backup/restore between the releases does not work.I ran into this problem and reported it as a bug: it turns out that the file format differs somehow, not sure if it will be fixed.
Bottom line: when upgrading, make sure you have all the info about devices and rules written down somewhere, or take screenshots. After the upgrade be prepared to enter manually...

manjh
Normal user

#244 Post by manjh » 08 Jan 2018, 19:03

ewaldharmsen wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 18:14 1 question: is there anything changed in rules? I am curious wheter nested commands now work.
Nested commands? please specify what you mean exactly.
I have been using rules that trigger other events in turn, so if that is what you mean: yes, it works.

ewaldharmsen
Normal user

#245 Post by ewaldharmsen » 09 Jan 2018, 16:53

manjh wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 19:03 I have been using rules that trigger other events in turn, so if that is what you mean: yes, it works
Yes I do that as well, I was hoping for an if else structure...

My point was that the upgrade fails so that I need physical acces to all devices

grovkillen
Core team member

#246 Post by grovkillen » 09 Jan 2018, 20:20

ewaldharmsen wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 16:53
manjh wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 19:03 I have been using rules that trigger other events in turn, so if that is what you mean: yes, it works

My point was that the upgrade fails so that I need physical acces to all devices
Yes the update between R1XX and 2.0.0 is big and the config file is none compatible (we're working on that though) so the update will make the unit wiped and cleaned from most settings. A possible workaround is to manually backup the settings with screenshots or scribble on a piece of paper. I use my "ESP Easy Webdumper" for that.

psy0rz
Normal user

#247 Post by psy0rz » 10 Jan 2018, 15:15

Indeed the config is incompatible, but the device should fall back to AP mode, so you might not need physical access in that case?

Edwin
Please support ESPEasy development via Patreon or buy us a coffee.

grovkillen
Core team member

#248 Post by grovkillen » 10 Jan 2018, 18:31

psy0rz wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 15:15

Indeed the config is incompatible, but the device should fall back to AP mode, so you might not need physical access in that case?

Edwin
Last week I updated all to dev13 and two units were R147. They booted into AP mode both of them and config was reset. You can use my webdumper app to get all the settings documented.

The-Holgi
New user

#249 Post by The-Holgi » 03 Mar 2018, 11:52

Hello,
where is IDX/Aariable under ESP Easy is it in task devices.

zwehn
New user

#250 Post by zwehn » 03 Mar 2018, 12:27

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4945
hi I found a strange behavier with the generic pulse counter, seems that the time variable gets an overflow which corrupts the count value for the time always when the time value is flipping over to 0 again. i postet it in detail in the link above, maybe the wrong place...
regards Zwehn
mega-20180214 with generic pulse counter, fhem, arduino