How can I set a delay of 0 in OLED framed (P36)?

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Forum rules
You have entered the experimental forum, beware!!!
vader
Normal user

How can I set a delay of 0 in OLED framed (P36)?

#1 Post by vader » 08 Sep 2017, 19:59

I want to set a delay of 0 in plug-in 36 OLED Framed, but I can't. It reverts back to 60 sec. So, why a delay of 0? It's easy. I want a single-line moving message in the display. But at the end of each text field (from the web form) a get a gap of that 1 sec I can set as a minimum delay. How can I realize this with a smooth scrolling over all fields without the 1 sec gap?

Regards

PS: I use 2.0.0-dev11 (self compiled)

nietbelangrijk
New user

Re: How can I set a delay of 0 in OLED framed (P36)?

#2 Post by nietbelangrijk » 26 Oct 2017, 12:58

vader wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 19:59 I want to set a delay of 0 in plug-in 36 OLED Framed, but I can't.
Me too.
Using https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEas ... .0.0-dev12

I use the display to display the analog delay of a vacuum cleaner to the user. Would be nice if that display would be real-time.
(The project is a system to start and stop a vacuum cleaner dependant on a connected 230V machine. The delay is the time the vacuum runs after the machine is turned off, love espeasy rules :)

nietbelangrijk
New user

#3 Post by nietbelangrijk » 09 Nov 2017, 11:26

nobody?????

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 09 Nov 2017, 14:01

Well it is probably a bit too time consuming (for the CPU) to run a continuous scroll of values.
In the OLED1306-library the image has to be rendered before being pushed to the display.
So I think (not tried it) there will always be a delay noticeable between updates.
Also the rest of the system will be less responsive (WiFi/MQTT messages/webinterface), since the OLED display takes quite a lot of resources.

vader
Normal user

#5 Post by vader » 09 Nov 2017, 17:37

This is the reason:

if (timerSensor[x] == 0) // small fix if result is 0, else timer will be stopped...
timerSensor[x] = 1;

colin123
New user

#6 Post by colin123 » 20 Sep 2019, 10:24

Such is the character of Research and Development - timelines may be fluid and goals challenge to exchange.
As nicely as championing Quantum Dot generation to superb industrial achievement, Samsung also has a finger in a few R&D pies such as the development of a Micro LED TV but also bringing a hybrid Quantum Dot Organic Light Emitting Diode TV to marketplace.

Even as recently as February 2019, it was understood that Samsung planned a trial production run of its first QD-OLED fashions this year which would be observed by using mass manufacturing being scaled up in 2020.

However, several news assets, together with OLED-Info, have said that the plans are being put lower back so that the assessment run will arise in 2020, with the big scale production taking location in 2023.

Keen AV fanatics is probably a chunk disappointed by this news as it way marketable QD-OLEDs are nevertheless several years away. The attractive prospect of a quality-of-both-worlds TV is likely one of the motives why Samsung, who vocally advocate its own Quantum Dot era over OLED, are nevertheless pursuing the amalgamation of the 2 technologies, even if it's far now over an extended time body.

The combination of the high properties of OLED, with its deeper blacks and startling assessment and QLED, offering brightness that exceeds that feasible with OLED, is definitely something Samsung nonetheless wants to pursue. If the generation fully realises quantum dots as their personal self emitting light source, it can upload the deep blacks currently missing in QLED and integrate them with excessive brightness ranges and shiny color gamuts plus acquire a far slimmer QLED set, for the reason that backlight array could not be required.

The announced put off may want to simply be due to the fact the development pipeline has a few technical obstacles to overcome. Indeed, the difficulties of acquiring a great blue OLED emitter had been formerly been documented. Or it may be that Samsung desires to attain a number of the financial rewards of their modern QLED models earlier than unveiling new technology to the market.

As part of its development manner, Samsung is changing an present eight-Gen production line to QD-OLED. Given the display length barriers inherent in this type of facility, simplest 55-inch and smaller displays can be produced, that means initial television units is probably targeted greater at the customer market - interest grabbing prototypes however.