Dynamic DNS Client plugin

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

sjfaustino
New user

Dynamic DNS Client plugin

#1 Post by sjfaustino » 21 May 2017, 01:35

I just finished a working version of a DDNS Cient plugin that works with No-IP, Dynu, DynDNS and DuckDNS.
Right now every x time it will check the current public IP and if changed from last check, will update the selected DDNS domain.

I'm now looking for ideas on what would be useful to add to the plugin.
Return some fields with values such as last ip, current ip, changed date and ddns server result? would that be useful?
http://imgur.com/a/QsSbz

bobbybeans
Normal user

Re: Dynamic DNS Client plugin

#2 Post by bobbybeans » 22 May 2017, 12:12

nice I love this project, haha I don't really have a use for it, now but this is an awesome plugin. I know I could use this in the future for offsite monitoring of devices

sjfaustino
New user

#3 Post by sjfaustino » 22 May 2017, 19:02

That is exactly my goal, to remotely monitor the status of several machines.

Next project is to do a controller and plugin that works thru text messages (sms).

The controller would allow any plugin to use text messages to send information and the plugin would receive those text messages and forward them to mqtt.
Basically, mqtt tunneled thru text messages :)

bobbybeans
Normal user

#4 Post by bobbybeans » 23 May 2017, 10:51

OMG that's amazing. this would be great. both these plugins I am trying to help my friend as he wants monitoring out in his woods he has for growing crops and taking wind and water, temps and the current point were stuck at is paying for 3 g to submit all the values which is expensive in the states. if we could do it over txt that could be so cheap. And we have limited power as there is no electricity on site so not using 3g would save a fair amount of power. How would you submit the txt? would it communicate to a SIM card directly? or would it piggy back off a working phone?

sjfaustino
New user

#5 Post by sjfaustino » 23 May 2017, 18:45

Since I already have one, I will be developing for use with a A6 module or eventually you can always use a old nokia phone or similar connected with softserial since the command are AT compatible.