Meek Wifi wall switch ESP8266

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Meek
Normal user

Re: Meek Wifi wall switch ESP8266

#71 Post by Meek » 18 May 2018, 12:45

grovkillen wrote: 17 May 2018, 09:35 Will these run your own FW, ESP Easy FW, or modified ESP Easy FW?
At this moment, all the Meek switches are running on a stock ESPEasy Mega Firmware.
For now, ESPEasy gives us all the options and flexibility we need to operate the switches and I want to thank you and the team for this magnificent piece of software!
All your efforts are appreciated and keep up the good work !

Meek
Normal user

#72 Post by Meek » 18 May 2018, 12:46

vandalon wrote: 17 May 2018, 09:42
Meek wrote: 17 May 2018, 08:53 We’re still trying to acquire casings for a double-, and even a triple variant wall sockets.

We want to deliver a diversity of sockets so the Meek devices can be installed in various environments.
Till now, this has proven to be very difficult! We have not been able to acquire the double and triple sockets yet and the last resort is to develop these in-house. In this stage of the development of the Meek Smart Switches, developing the casings + matching glass panels, will add an extra complexity to the project.

But if someone knows where we can acquire, or even know a party that is willing to cooperate with us to produce the casing + glass panels, we are more than willing to listen!
For the future we have more fantastic idea’s that we would like to add to the Meek switches. For one of the options, we need to “play” with the casing structure and material choices. So we can add more functions, gimmicks and also, to be able to add even more options to personalize the switches to match your desires.
Thanks for the reply,

So it's not possible to fit 2 single switches next to each other in a double socket?
Also, All devices seem to be out of stock on your site, when do you expect new stock? :)
For this, we need a double socket casing and glass panel. At this moment, it’s not possible to place 2 Meek switches in a double socket. However, this is something that has our attention and it will be one of the items to tackle in the future.

We hope to have a new stock within 2 months, we will update our website once we have a hard date.

Thank you for your interest !

grovkillen
Core team member

#73 Post by grovkillen » 18 May 2018, 15:17

Meek wrote: 18 May 2018, 12:45
grovkillen wrote: 17 May 2018, 09:35 Will these run your own FW, ESP Easy FW, or modified ESP Easy FW?
At this moment, all the Meek switches are running on a stock ESPEasy Mega Firmware.
For now, ESPEasy gives us all the options and flexibility we need to operate the switches and I want to thank you and the team for this magnificent piece of software!
All your efforts are appreciated and keep up the good work !
Thanks for the info. We're happy to hear that stock FW is on them. Great news :D
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

Meek
Normal user

#74 Post by Meek » 16 Jun 2018, 20:39

Herewith a pictures of the latest revisions Meek MP1 switches.
20180616_194832.jpg
20180616_194832.jpg (334.81 KiB) Viewed 31799 times
We’re currently assembling these to distribute them to a select group of tester.

The Meek MP1 is a :
• Wi-Fi enabled light switch
• With a Doppler presence detector
• Audi visual feedback with a RGB addressable LED and a RTTTL Speaker
• Fully programmable timers a functions

This switch operates out of the box even without a Wi-Fi connection.
Once connected to Wi-Fi you can control it with any device that has a browser (Phone, TV, Smart Watch,…) or by speech recognition enabled devices (Google Home, Alexa, Siri,..).

Ongoing, we’re expanding the functions of these devices.
For instance :
• Alarm Function ; you can “arm” the device, so whenever a movement is detected, the Meek MP1 will sound and alarm and blink the light continuously until the user disarms it.
• Doorbell ; (we will develop a doorbell in the future) if you have “Smart Doorbell”, whenever the doorbell is pressed, the Switch will mimic a doorbell and blink the lights.
• Night Modus : the presence detection will only switch the lights, if it’s in the Night Modus.

As we’re developing several other Meek devices, that will seemingly interact with each other, to truly create a smart house !

The possibilities are endless as the community is able to contribute and able to add extra functionality to our devices !

grovkillen
Core team member

#75 Post by grovkillen » 16 Jun 2018, 20:53

Really cool! Thanks for everything you post

TD-er
Core team member

#76 Post by TD-er » 16 Jun 2018, 21:08

That looks nice and to be honest, I have more confidence in such a design with those well-known Hi-link power supplies than the ones included in the Sonoff's.
How much amps can these triacs (I assume) handle?
And it looks like there is room for later versions with more switches.

I was thinking about these switches lately and I guess there is also a market for these with 2 or 3 tip switch inputs, but only 1 switching output, since you can add switches near the consumers and very often still want to switch via the domotica system and not directly switching something at the position where these are mounted.
Or perhaps have multiple switch inputs to switch the same. (lights on while presence detected + lights on continuously)

grovkillen
Core team member

#77 Post by grovkillen » 16 Jun 2018, 21:22

I wouldn't mind testing one 👍✌️😎

Meek
Normal user

#78 Post by Meek » 16 Jun 2018, 21:51

TD-er wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 21:08 That looks nice and to be honest, I have more confidence in such a design with those well-known Hi-link power supplies than the ones included in the Sonoff's.
How much amps can these triacs (I assume) handle?
And it looks like there is room for later versions with more switches.

I was thinking about these switches lately and I guess there is also a market for these with 2 or 3 tip switch inputs, but only 1 switching output, since you can add switches near the consumers and very often still want to switch via the domotica system and not directly switching something at the position where these are mounted.
Or perhaps have multiple switch inputs to switch the same. (lights on while presence detected + lights on continuously)
Main priority is safety!
I have several devices in my house including the rooms of my children (they like the Neopixel Candle – Color Fader  function ).
We have built several line of defenses to keep the devices safe to operate, despite missing certifications.
I (and many others) have good experiences with HLK-PM01 and it also delivers a stable power output.

For Meek MP1, I have switches from THT triacs to SMD triacs, currently it’s equipped with the BT136S, that should be able to carry 4 Amps. I have conducted test and they operate well even on high loads. Despite the theoretical high switching power, I will rate them for max. 350 Watt.

I have a 2 touch and 3 touch version in operations also, these are equipped with 2 or 3 triacs.
I have also a variant with 1 touch button, with 3 triac outputs to control home ventilation units.

In my kitchen, I have a Meek MP2(bastard version for my own use), with one touch button with 2 triac outputs. The RWCL sensor is so accurate that we do not manually switch the kitchen lights anymore. The touch button is merely to switch our garden lights. So the Doppler switches the kitchen lights and the touch button operates the garden light.

The beauty of Meek is that it’s equipped with ESPEasy !
The user is able to decide how the device reacts on a specific input. And that’s all because of you, the developpers of ESPEasy !
Thank you for all the time, efforts and energy you put into this project !

TD-er, I will PM you my phone number, , I hope that we can meet so I can personally hand over a Meek MP1 to you, for testing purposes.

neykov_t
Normal user

#79 Post by neykov_t » 16 Jun 2018, 21:58

hi,
what about installation schema ?
Do this required Live + neutral or it could be powered by one wire (as VHome 433mhz wall switches) ? Thank yo

Meek
Normal user

#80 Post by Meek » 16 Jun 2018, 22:03

neykov_t wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 21:58 hi,
what about installation schema ?
Do this required Live + neutral or it could be powered by one wire (as VHome 433mhz wall switches) ? Thank yo
To ensure stability, we have chosen to use a Neutral wire also. So you need Live, Neutral and switching wires to operate these switches.

Meek
Normal user

#81 Post by Meek » 16 Jun 2018, 22:17

grovkillen wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 21:22 I wouldn't mind testing one 👍✌️😎
I’m not sure if the wall socket/ switching sockets are fully compatible with the ones that is common within EU.
The Meek MP1 is a in wall variant, so you need a depth of at least 2.7cm and circle of 5cm.
If your environment complies to this, please PM me grovkillen, I am more than happy to provide you one.

I really like what you have contributed and I’m also fan of your work of ESPEasy Flasher and Netscan !
Thank you !

grovkillen
Core team member

#82 Post by grovkillen » 17 Jun 2018, 16:21

This is the standard holes in Sweden at least. :)

And thank you for the support :D
Attachments
AU6-2_M2.gif
AU6-2_M2.gif (13.9 KiB) Viewed 31818 times

Meek
Normal user

#83 Post by Meek » 19 Jun 2018, 08:18

grovkillen wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 16:21 This is the standard holes in Sweden at least. :)

Thank you for your feedback, it seems that it will fit your socket’s too.
Good to hear that. Once I have everything ready for “roll-out”, I will send an example to you too!

Best regards

vandalon
New user

#84 Post by vandalon » 19 Jun 2018, 10:48

If desirable, I would love to test a 2 or 3 gang version :)
Would love to meet up. Living in Limburg but could combine a nice weekend zeeland with a meet 😊

barrymossel
Normal user

#85 Post by barrymossel » 22 Jul 2018, 09:26

Meek wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 08:18
grovkillen wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 16:21 This is the standard holes in Sweden at least. :)

Thank you for your feedback, it seems that it will fit your socket’s too.
Good to hear that. Once I have everything ready for “roll-out”, I will send an example to you too!

Best regards
Any idea when you will roll out. Is it worth waiting, or should I just get me some ugly Sonoffs?

Meek
Normal user

#86 Post by Meek » 03 Aug 2018, 19:12

We’ve just finalized the design process of several Meek switches and the PCB’s are send for production.

The current estimate is that we will start assembling the switches within 2 weeks.
After the thorough internal test procedures, we will deliver a small quantity to our 1’st line of testers (1’st degree Meekers :D ).
After this testing period, we will issue the 1’st batch for commercial deployment.

A very rough estimate is that we will have a small batch ready for commercial deployment somewhere end September.

grovkillen
Core team member

#87 Post by grovkillen » 03 Aug 2018, 20:26

Great job Meek! Love how you keep us in the loop. :)

TD-er
Core team member

#88 Post by TD-er » 03 Aug 2018, 22:03

Wow, that's way faster than I expected :)
Hmm sooo much still to do until then ;)

By the way, did you find a supplier for the 72mm versions?

Meek
Normal user

#89 Post by Meek » 07 Aug 2018, 13:11

Let’s say that we have used our “vacation” “very wisely”

Unfortunately, we have not found a partner to produce the 72mm (double socket) version yet!

We’re still contacting manufactures, suppliers and service providers to acquire c.q. produce them.
We’ll keep you in the loop!

TD-er
Core team member

#90 Post by TD-er » 07 Aug 2018, 22:18

I'm very interested, as you know :)

Meek
Normal user

#91 Post by Meek » 27 Sep 2018, 20:51

A brief update: attached you’ll finds a few pictures of the final versions that are currently been tested:
meek270918.jpg
meek270918.jpg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 30588 times
As announced earlier, we have the intension to release the switches end September in small quantities.
The first available versions will be the :
• Meek MT1 (Meek Touch with 1 Touch input/output)
• Meek MP1 (Meek Presence with 1 Touch input/output)

In October, we’ll add the :
• Meek MT2 (Meek Touch with 2 Touch input/output)
• Meek MT3 (Meek Touch with 3 Touch input/output)

In the 4’th quarter, the Meek MM1 (Meek Motor for “mechanical home ventilation systems”) will be added to the product range.

The development of the Meek Wi-Fi Dimmer “Meek MD1” still continues and in our test environment, it’s already showing pretty good results!
On the hardware side it’s nearly completed but we still need to deploy some enhancements on the software side to ensure flawless operations in various conditions. We expect them to be commercially available in 2019.

Our website ( www.meek-ha.com )is also undergoing some transformation with information about the switches itself but also how to integrate them in various automations systems.

Just to tickle the imagination and show the endless possibilities with these devices, as proof of concept, we’ve imbedded a light sensor in the switch.
LDR-sensor270918.jpg
LDR-sensor270918.jpg (14.63 KiB) Viewed 30586 times
In the near future we will bring you more groundbreaking and exiting new devices!

grovkillen
Core team member

#92 Post by grovkillen » 27 Sep 2018, 20:58

Nice update! What update to the software are you considering?

Meek
Normal user

#93 Post by Meek » 27 Sep 2018, 21:18

“On the hardware side it’s nearly completed but we still need to deploy some enhancements on the software side to ensure flawless operations in various conditions.”

I now see that this part of text is confusing, on the Meek MD1 dimmer module, we have included an ATMEGA328 for zero cross detection and firing up the triacs. The software on the Atmega needs some work not the ESPEasy FW, that part is more than OK :D !

grovkillen
Core team member

#94 Post by grovkillen » 27 Sep 2018, 21:21

Meek wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 21:18 “On the hardware side it’s nearly completed but we still need to deploy some enhancements on the software side to ensure flawless operations in various conditions.”

I now see that this part of text is confusing, on the Meek MD1 dimmer module, we have included an ATMEGA328 for zero cross detection and firing up the triacs. The software on the Atmega needs some work not the ESPEasy FW, that part is more than OK :D !
Ah, thanks for that ;)

Tecumseh
Normal user

#95 Post by Tecumseh » 28 Sep 2018, 09:05

A very interesting project, any news on availability?

grovkillen
Core team member

#96 Post by grovkillen » 28 Sep 2018, 09:14

I really like the idea of adding a BME280 to one of those and then you could just drill a small hole besides the light switch and have the BME in a nice looking housing next to the light switch in each room of the house. Thanks for that idea ! :)

You should make a housing for the BME that match the great looking MEEK panel ;)

TD-er
Core team member

#97 Post by TD-er » 29 Sep 2018, 19:17

Also don't forget the light switch also has one of those radar sensors and a speaker built in.

grovkillen
Core team member

#98 Post by grovkillen » 29 Sep 2018, 19:21

TD-er wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 19:17 Also don't forget the light switch also has one of those radar sensors and a speaker built in.
That one is something else than your average "smart" switch.

vinnie_ki
New user

#99 Post by vinnie_ki » 03 Oct 2018, 12:50

In Germany en the Netherlands, and maybe some other EU countries it is common to use frames around the frontplates for the wall sockets. I think you would have a huge market alone in these countries if you could make the front glasplate fit inside a few of the commonly most used brand/type frames. Some of de most commonly used brands in new development housings are for example Busch en Jaeger SI Reflex, Berker, Jung and Peha. Some of which are also interchangable I think.

Also a basic version without the frontplate en switches and some gpio terminals/pin header in exchange would be usefull. You could use these behind your own blind wall plates and attach some custom sensors to it or use them only for remote controlling the relay.

Meek
Normal user

#100 Post by Meek » 10 Oct 2018, 20:38

vinnie_ki wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 12:50 In Germany en the Netherlands, and maybe some other EU countries it is common to use frames around the frontplates for the wall sockets. I think you would have a huge market alone in these countries if you could make the front glasplate fit inside a few of the commonly most used brand/type frames. Some of de most commonly used brands in new development housings are for example Busch en Jaeger SI Reflex, Berker, Jung and Peha. Some of which are also interchangable I think.

Also a basic version without the frontplate en switches and some gpio terminals/pin header in exchange would be usefull. You could use these behind your own blind wall plates and attach some custom sensors to it or use them only for remote controlling the relay.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Regarding the frames, at this stage of development, it’s not within the scope to be compatible with “other” switch manufacturers (yet). Hence, we have some difficulties to find manufacturers to make a double- and triple socket based frames for us. This goal to deliver double- and triple sockets with touch and/or power outlets, is pretty high on our to do list.
That been said/written, this question is raised so often, that we have to investigate this in the future!

Regarding “Basic version”, this is something we do have in mind, but due to the resource/time restrictions, we have to push this (and many other cool idea’s )for end 2019.

Thank you for your thoughts! It’s been highly appreciated.

Meek
Normal user

#101 Post by Meek » 10 Oct 2018, 21:03

You’ve got a message ;)

Meek
Normal user

#102 Post by Meek » 09 Nov 2018, 19:36

Herewith a small update:

We’ve finalized the development of the Meek MT2 & Meek MT3. These are Wi-Fi enabled dual or triple touch input and dual or triple SSR output switches.
The attachment MeekAssortiment.jpg is no longer available
Next week, we will assemble the Meek DDD ;) board.
This is a unit with pre-installed Wi-Fi enabled Doorbell & DSMR compatible P1 smart meter reader input & Development board.

• Doorbell – This will be a Wi-Fi enabled & (arguably) the most flexible doorbell module. It can be used parallel to the existing doorbell or as a standalone module or in mixed mode.
• DSRM/P1 – has an inbuilt P1 port that can be attached to a smart meter to read the Electricity & Gas usage and send this data thru Wi-Fi to a monitoring system like Domoticz.
• Development board – most GPIO pins of the ESPS12 unit are made available to use to do some easy development. Also I2C ports are made external to attached compatible devices.
Next week, I hope to assemble the first alpha board to do some more testing. Once assembled I will report back with a small update :D

We’re still searching for partners that can provide us the dual and triple socket wall panels. We have received some samples and are now in discussion with a few potential candidates! Hopefully we can sort things out so we can place every household switch for a Meek variant 8-)
MeekAssortiment.jpg
MeekAssortiment.jpg (24.53 KiB) Viewed 5002 times

grovkillen
Core team member

#103 Post by grovkillen » 09 Nov 2018, 20:00

Great! I have a friend who's interested in all versions 1,2,3 buttons plus some with radar. 15 units all and all. PM me if you want 8-)

He's remaking his top floor and wish to have it smart equipped with your switches.

Tecumseh
Normal user

#104 Post by Tecumseh » 16 Nov 2018, 12:52

I currently have the Meek MP1 running for several weeks now. It is running flawless so far.

Only thing that does bug me is that I cannot enable the web log. Under advanced settings I have set this:
Syslog Facility: Kernel
Serial log Level: Info
Web log Level: Info
And on the info page I get this as status:
System Status
Syslog Log Level: None
Serial Log Level: Info
Web Log Level: None
Would there be another location that reverts the web loglevel setting to None?