Updated : how to reboot a sonoff touch after installation?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

countcobolt
Normal user

Updated : how to reboot a sonoff touch after installation?

#1 Post by countcobolt » 06 Feb 2018, 19:26

Hi all,

I have installed sonoff Touch T1 and have the following. The UDP syslog component is working, but the http webinterface is not. I can also not ping to the device. It is currently wired to the N+L so it has 240V on it.
1. Is there a different way to reboot the esp without opening up the whole switch? Currently I switch the breaker off and on so it restart.
2. Can it be due to bad wifi connection that only the UDP works but nothing TCP/ICMP? I think that the switch is in a bad wifi spot from the house. RSSI says -80 but then I do have another light that is at -91 and still works...

Kind regards

Steve

enesbcs
Normal user

Re: Updated : how to reboot a sonoff touch after installation?

#2 Post by enesbcs » 06 Feb 2018, 22:41

countcobolt wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 19:26 1. Is there a different way to reboot the esp without opening up the whole switch? Currently I switch the breaker off and on so it restart.
1/ For symptomatic treatment you can code some rule that reboots when long pressed the only button of the touch:
viewtopic.php?t=2637

2/ Or you can use P166 Wifiman plugin to detect if the Wifi connection is broken from rules and than try to reconnect to wifi or reboot, as you wish: (UDP is connectionless protocol)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2846&p=21155&hilit= ... eep#p21857

But I would rather do a full flash erase & serial upload with latest espeasy mega firmware in your place... can be memory related problem, so it is a good start to remove all not used plugin, and compile an own binary for the Touch that only contains the plugins, you actually using.