Volume button up/down send packet to broadlink rm mini

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

frank451
New user

Volume button up/down send packet to broadlink rm mini

#1 Post by frank451 » 20 Sep 2018, 22:11

Hi All

I want to use an esp with 2 momentary push buttons which will be volume up and down.

I want to be able to use buttons so if i keep my finger on the volume up button the Older Sony amplifier will increase it volume via IR from my Broadlink RM Mini WIFI IR Sender.
And same for the down button, just as you would find on a traditional remote control.

I use home assistant was thinking to send the signal via mqtt to HA then HA would send the IR packets to the RM Mini. But i dont know how to achieve press and hold to increase volume smoothly without having to continuasly press the buttons repeatadly. Then i thought could i utilise the code menu in espeasy and do it direct ESP----->RM Mini------>To Amp, bypassing HA completely.

How would i achieve this,as anybody done something similar? Even a rotary switch of some sort? How would i send the packet via IP to the RM Mini?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: Volume button up/down send packet to broadlink rm mini

#2 Post by ThomasB » 22 Sep 2018, 18:46

How would i achieve this,as anybody done something similar? Even a rotary switch of some sort?
I have not done it, but by first thought is to use ESPEasy's timer rule to manage the volume increment/decrement action while press-holding the switches. But the system timers only have 1 second resolution, so I expect it will be awkwardly slow to change the volume.
How would i send the packet via IP to the RM Mini?
Directly controlling the RM Mini from ESPEasy will need custom coding. Instead, use your HA to manage the RM Mini IR communication and any special volume control rules.

- Thomas

whatsupskip
Normal user

Re: Volume button up/down send packet to broadlink rm mini

#3 Post by whatsupskip » 01 Oct 2018, 04:58

Such a pity the Broadlink RM Mini WIFI IR Sender doesn't have an ESP8266 or ESP32 in it.

It is almost tempting to pull it apart and replace the current micro controller with an ESP8266. The case and LED configuration is quite good.
Friends with kangaroos and some time koala rescuer.