New P1 meter with M5Stack Gateway

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

martinus
Normal user

New P1 meter with M5Stack Gateway

#1 Post by martinus » 01 Mar 2020, 14:26

Being one of the very early adopters of a "power/gas Smart Meter", it was sad to notice that a P1 port was not available on that model. So i used an LED and reflection sensor, connected to an ESP8266 to read power and gas usage the custom way. This has worked for years without issues but recently my smart meter has been replaced with a bit more 'smarter' meter... And the new gas meter no longer had a mechanical rotary counter with a reflective digit :cry: :cry: :cry:

So no more gas readings since a few weeks ago.

So it really got time to move on. After my initial "bedside smart clock upgrade" this weekend, i also had time left to connect a P1 cable to my other M5Stack and these are the first results:
P1GW.png
P1GW.png (229.2 KiB) Viewed 18768 times
I had to patch the existing P044 plugin to invert the RX wire signal (why is that setting not a standard :roll: :roll: )

And while at it, i also added some local data processing of the DSMR message so i can directly display them on the LCD screen, so it also works when Domoticz is not connected to the P1 gateway.

This already looks better now. But it needs some more work, like getting a daily gas counter instead of total. And maybe some other readings.

And move on to the next upgrade. Need to order some more M5Stack modules...

TD-er
Core team member

Re: New P1 meter with M5Stack Gateway

#2 Post by TD-er » 01 Mar 2020, 14:32

Maybe we can also add a new controller to upload data to PVoutput.org.
And indeed the serial data is inverted. No idea why.

Looking forward to the pull requests for this, as it looks quite nice with the M5 stack units.

martinus
Normal user

#3 Post by martinus » 01 Mar 2020, 20:26

Plugin now keeps track of actual power and daily power and gas usage counters:
P1GW.png
P1GW.png (225.97 KiB) Viewed 18750 times
Enough tweaking done for this weekend, now spend some time with the family :oops:

mebyda90
New user

#4 Post by mebyda90 » 16 Feb 2021, 00:20

Hi I bought an M5Stack and would like to use it to read the p1 meter at our house in France in the future. Now is blockly and python completely new to me. Is there a possibility to get a copy of your script?