Use capsense on ESPeasy?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

highroller
Normal user

Use capsense on ESPeasy?

#1 Post by highroller » 09 Feb 2016, 22:51

Is it possible to use the "read analog input" to make capacitive sensor like the capsense library on arduino?
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/Capac ... n.CapSense

Or is there any other way to either make the homemade capacitve sensors or a touchsensor module ( like http://kultogbillig.no/Kapasitiv-Touch- ... tch-Module) work with ESPeasy and openhab/domoticz?

ambassadoro
Normal user

Re: Use capsense on ESPeasy?

#2 Post by ambassadoro » 10 Feb 2016, 14:07

highroller wrote: Or is there any other way to either make the homemade capacitve sensors or a touchsensor module ( like http://kultogbillig.no/Kapasitiv-Touch- ... tch-Module) work with ESPeasy and openhab/domoticz?
I read the description and I think this module could be used as a switch in espeasy:
Normally, the output is low level(at mode of low power consumption). When the finger touch the corresponding location, output will be high(at quick speed mode). When the module do not be touched for 12 seconds, the mode would switch to low-power mode.
It seems that there is already some logic that does the switch process. Its not necessary to do some "magic" within the esp.

costo
Normal user

#3 Post by costo » 10 Feb 2016, 15:32

There is a I2C capacitive sensor 12 inputs type MPR121.

But so far . . . . . not implemented in ESPEasy.
Maybe you can write your own plugin so that others can benefit from that too ?

ambassadoro
Normal user

#4 Post by ambassadoro » 10 Feb 2016, 18:31

I just ordered this one from far east: TTP223B
I am curious what I get. But not even 0,5€ is worth a try. What I am wondering is that it has a kind of timeout with 12 seconds. But lets see. Around easter-time it could arrive.

highroller
Normal user

#5 Post by highroller » 11 Feb 2016, 10:26

The touch module i spoke of in the first post works fine as a normal switch in espeasy. But any ideas on how to make the homemade versions work?
Im not a programmer so maybe i dont see the whole picture but the capacitive touch is only the ability to read a change on the pin in use.

R1mon
New user

#6 Post by R1mon » 16 Feb 2016, 19:48

Capsense works fine with the ESP Easy as is. There are ICs available (as used on the TP223B post above) that do the capsense trick, just follow the datasheet and design you own PCB. Maybe some fine tuning is required based on used button cover! With the ESP just connect them to an IO and setup as a push button.