Feature Request: I2C via MQTT / advanced settings for PCA9685

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Elektrofreak
Normal user

Feature Request: I2C via MQTT / advanced settings for PCA9685

#1 Post by Elektrofreak » 15 Mar 2016, 08:30

Hello,

i would like to have a little bit more control over the I2C devices connected to my ESP8266. Namely I am using the PCA9685 and PCF8574 and i would like to use the 16ch PWM driver PCA9685 to drive N-CH MOSFETs directly without external pull ups. In case of ESP822 deep sleep mode without PWM activity, I also would like to turn off the PWM controller and send it to standby mode. So there are three thinks i would like to be able to set:
- Sleep Mode
- Higher Frequency
- Totem Pole Operation

I know that it is not easy to modify each release of the firmware fo satisfy my needs so i would like to be able to change these settings (in best case) inside the Devices tab of the ESP8266. And I think this could be a useful feature for everyone!

If this is not possible, I would need to send low level I2C-commands via MQTT. I can't do it just via the webinterface because the ESP8266 goes into deep sleep and gets the latest commands via MQTT retained messages. And I think this is a really important feature to be able to communicate to all available I2C devices over MQTT even if they are not supported by ESPEasy itself!

I hope for some really good feedbacks! Many many thanks in advance!

Elektrofreak