SSID & WPA key easier setup (wizard)

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

pppp33
Normal user

SSID & WPA key easier setup (wizard)

#1 Post by pppp33 » 01 May 2016, 22:32

hi there,
I have a doubt regarding SSID & Key:
If you have already defined a valid ssid/key and you want to re-run the wizard (for example because you move the esp to another location), you can't. Is it correct ?
If so, I think it could be a nice thing if you could go to http://<esp_name>/setup and FORCE the wizard process to run again: scan ssid's, input key, check connection, display IP and save params.

is it a good idea ?

Regards

paolo

dduley
Normal user

Re: SSID & WPA key easier setup (wizard)

#2 Post by dduley » 01 May 2016, 23:39

pppp33 wrote:hi there,
I have a doubt regarding SSID & Key:
If you have already defined a valid ssid/key and you want to re-run the wizard (for example because you move the esp to another location), you can't. Is it correct ?
If so, I think it could be a nice thing if you could go to http://<esp_name>/setup and FORCE the wizard process to run again: scan ssid's, input key, check connection, display IP and save params.

is it a good idea ?

Regards

paolo
Hi Paolo<
I think something like that would be a great idea!How would your method work if you already had moved and the ESP could not connect to its known SSID? I was thinking of using a GPIO bit. If held Hi or low during reset then the ESP would display the SSID scan as it does on first boot. The only drawback is that it uses another one of the already too few GPIOs. We already have a bunch of GPIO that are tricky to use due to boot mode settings. It could be a serial command.

Doesn't the firmware already go into the wizard mode if it can't connect for some time? If not that would be a way as well.

Regards

Dave

pppp33
Normal user

Re: SSID & WPA key easier setup (wizard)

#3 Post by pppp33 » 02 May 2016, 13:49

hi Dave,
I found that the system goes into AP mode after some retries to connect, but not in wizard mode. Is it correct ?
About "how to" enter re-initialize modes, afaik, if u short uart tx to rx, u get into factory reset mode.....
Is it right ?
If this is the case, i think it's a little too much radical: what i need is only do same things configured in the ESP in the new location/network.....
regards
paolo